decalcified teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jay.tee.

decalcified teeth

#1 Post by jay.tee. »

i know it's not about braces but here it goes...

any of you have decalcified teeth? my two upper front teeth have white spots and i dont like the way they look. currently, im in braces. my question is: is there any way to remove the spots without using whitening gels and strips?

thanks in advance!

weird_wired

#2 Post by weird_wired »

I have just ordered this stuff called Tooth Mousse after someone on here mentioned it. I'm getting it for sensitive teeth reasons, but apparently it can help white spots too:

<i><B>Can Tooth Mousse reverse white spot lesions?</b>

Tooth Mousse can rebuild subsurface areas of defects in enamel, including white spot lesions from dental caries, white spot lesions associated with orthodontic treatment and fluorosis. In these defects, there are subsurface voids which can be very effectively remineralised by application with Tooth Mousse, and this has been shown using optical and also radiographic tests at the University of Melbourne. For some white spot lesions it may be necessary to first pre-treat the lesion before application of Tooth Mousse. This pre-treatment may involve bleaching, acid etching or microabrasion. Recent research at the Dental School at the University of Melbourne has demonstrated that pre-bleaching is an effective pre-treatment for Tooth Mousse application.</i>

I bought mine online from here: http://www.dentalshop.com.au