elastics/headger

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scott75

elastics/headger

#1 Post by scott75 »

hi all,

just an update! i am now in elastics on both sides in a box shape. im told 24/7 in them. im also now told to wear my headgear (high pull) 12-16 hrs daily. it feels like a vice in mouth with the rubberbands and headgear on. I have so many holiday parties etc,, its going to be hard to wear this stuff.

good news is orhto thinks my teeth are moving very nicely and i should only be 18months

this is my 2nd timein teh braces at age 30 and im being treated for asymetrical bite and overbite. and TMJ i have metal inovation style braces

HeadgearJoe

Re: elastics/headger

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

scott75 wrote:hi all,

just an update! i am now in elastics on both sides in a box shape. im told 24/7 in them. im also now told to wear my headgear (high pull) 12-16 hrs daily. it feels like a vice in mouth with the rubberbands and headgear on. I have so many holiday parties etc,, its going to be hard to wear this stuff.

good news is orhto thinks my teeth are moving very nicely and i should only be 18months

this is my 2nd timein teh braces at age 30 and im being treated for asymetrical bite and overbite. and TMJ i have metal inovation style braces
hi scott, yea it is best to wear your headgear an elastics as much as you can , things will move into place a lot faster, your lucky i started out 12 to 16 hours in headgear an in my late 40's things wern't moving as they should so i had to go to 22 hours a day , i'm on a much lighter setting now an 01 to 12 hours now i guess just to hold things from moving till he gets this crossbite an midline in place , but it will work trust me i've been TMJ pain free for over a year now , keep it up your doing great , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08