Class X / Division - ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gunter8888

Class X / Division - ?

#1 Post by gunter8888 »

I understand what Class 2 and Class 3 Maloclusions (sp?) are, but I occasionally hear the term "Division" used after the Class. Anyone know what that refers to?

Thanks!
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Helen

#2 Post by Helen »

The class II malocclusion (the upper first molars are too far forward in relation to the first lower molars) is divided into 2 subclasses:

Imagewww.wheatonorthodontics.com

In a Class II, Div. 1 the upper front teeth are more or less protruded. "buck teeth"

A Class II, Div. 2 means that the upper front teeth, or at least the upper centrals, are tilted inwards.

Helen

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

I am a class II, division 1, anybody else fit this bill?
LoL
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

gunter8888

#4 Post by gunter8888 »

Are the "Divisions" the same for a Class 3?
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Helen

#5 Post by Helen »

gunter8888 wrote:Are the "Divisions" the same for a Class 3?
By definition there is only a division for Class II cases.

Helen

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

I'm also a Class 2 division 1! How do they usually fix that anyways? :?

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Svensk Tiger

#7 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Hi guys, I'm also a class 2 div. 1. I've got braces and a palate expander just now but also need surgery in order to fix mine.
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

dfac001

#8 Post by dfac001 »

Anyone with Class II div 2? What have done to fix it?

I was told I'll need rubber bands to correct the deep bite.

It's not as common as the div 1 i think. I read about it. Class II div 2 the upper incisors are curved inwards. Div 2 tends to have very deep bite.

I believe mine is div 2. My upper centrals...1 is straight, slightly curved inward...but the other one....it's rotated and the side can be seen. It does look kinda buck tooth...

Ceramics on Upper braced 02/01/08
Extracted 2 upper 2nd premolars 08/14/08
Ceramics on Bottom braced 08/22/08

felicity_and_reece_mommie

#9 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

I'm a:
Angle Class II Division : Mutilated (that is what my ortho said)
Overbite: 90%
Overjet: 3+mm (What does that mean?)

Helen

#10 Post by Helen »

As it seems to be a very common question in the forum...

here is a simple diagram showing a normal overbite and a normal overjet:

Imagewww.kib.ki.se
  • 1 overbite 2-3mm
    2 overjet 2mm

felicity_and_reece_mommie wrote: Overjet: 3+mm (What does that mean?)
That will say that your overjet amount a bit more than 3mm.
(But be careful, it displays just the current status of one of your data. It doesn't automatically mean that your overjet simply diverges just a little bit from the ideal norm and needs to be altered only a touch.)

Helen

Jesslzz 01

#11 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Shelby014 wrote:I am a class II, division 1, anybody else fit this bill?
LoL
I do. Awful overjet, finally getting braced around December 14th. Is the progress noticeable around six months? Do the teeth move a lot? I guess that is what will happen to my teeth since my overjet is quite big...I think that any pressure over my front teeth will be noticeable...is that right?

I found this link which looked very illustrative for me...particularly the "overjet correction with extraction", which is my case:
http://doucetorthodontics.com/before/

Shelby014

#12 Post by Shelby014 »

o jave a 3+mm overjet, and i my four front teeth are splayed out, so its almost like my front four teeth are bucked. I also have a 1-1.5mm space inbetween my front teeth. On the bottom i have two rotated canines, and one slightly crooked incisor. Yes that pressure on you front teeth is quite noticeable at first, but my teeth dont get sore at all (i have one of the heaviest wires right now, its square) so i couldnt tell you how bad its going to get, sorry. My prison sentence(LoL) is about 1 year, it was 14-15months, but my teeth are moving VERY quickly, so i am sooo happy. The buck-toothed-ness was the first thing to fix the teeth lean back in pretty much was the first thing to fix on me. The second thing to fix was the space, its now totally closed, i have had my braces 3 months. Out of my canines, one is totally fixed. My arches have "arched" up a bit too.
Hope this helped!!
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Jesslzz 01

#13 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Wow! That's a great progress, Shelby! I really hope my treatment will work as fast as yours! I want the same four teeth to get back as soon as possible :wink:

Thanks a lot, your post was very helpful!
Jess

Shelby014

#14 Post by Shelby014 »

no probs jesslzz01, happy to make another bracie feel better about their progress. How long have you had your braces, i'll try to find a pic of me before i got my braces on, then you will see what i am talking about....ughh.....you cant really tell when you see me head on, only my humongo space, i'm not 100% on how to get a pick on here though....hmmm *goes off to play with picks*
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]