So the GC Tooth Mousse (vanilla!) arrived today...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

weird_wired

So the GC Tooth Mousse (vanilla!) arrived today...

#1 Post by weird_wired »

...which was way quicker than expected.

So I read the instructions, and interestingly and suprisingly, they contained the following note:

<i>*Vanilla is especially recommended for patients suffering from erosion caries and conditions arising from xerostomia.</i>

Xerostomia is apparently dry-mouth syndrome, erosion caries not sure - a particularly virulent form of tooth decay??

Anyway, I am very intrigued to know why vanilla variety would be extra special, I can't see that there is any "real" vanilla oil in the actual ingredients, presumably only artificial flavouring.

Nonetheles, the tooth mousse tastes great, and hopefully will help heal up my exposed, hyper-sensitive tooth neck. Though ironically, in the last couple of weeks it seems to have got covered up by my gum, which is a little swollen from the braces (I think).

I would love to know how others use this stuff and how they find it.

Kim

#2 Post by Kim »

I don't know why the vanilla flavour is so special, but here's my routine on using my tooth mousse:

After I've cleaned my teeth, I use a different, smaller tooth brush (that the orthodontist gave me), and use it to gently spread it along the surface of my teeth. Then I used my tounge to smooth it around my mouth properly. Leave it for at least 3 mins, swishing it around your mouth if you need to. Because it works to get your mouth to produce saliva from the flavour of it. Then expel. The chick at the dental surgery said you can use your finger to spread the mousse around :? but I don't know, I just prefer not to do that. She also said you can swallow the mousse once your done too, rather than spit it out, but again, I'd rather expel it. haha :? Anyway, see how you go. I love the stuff.
-Slight upper crowding
-Moderate lower crowding
-5mm overbite
-Right posterior crossbite