Aaack!! So now we know at my expense to avoid chewable Vit C

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kim

Aaack!! So now we know at my expense to avoid chewable Vit C

#1 Post by Kim »

I have a sore throat, so I decided to take a few chewable orange flavoured Vitamin C tablets so that I don't end up getting a major cold, but right now I don't care about the friggin cold.... They majorly stained my ligatures!! I'm so pissed coz I only got these new ones on at my last adjustment on Thursday. This was the first time I decided to be adventurous with colours at by partners request, lol. (I've been staying safe with silver). But now my cute pretty pastel pink ligatures are a each a different shade ranging from disgusting peach to orange colour from the Vitamin C and from me brushing vigoursly in attempt to rectify the situation!! Grrrr. :evil: Now its a whole month of these until my next adjustment in January! I want to cry! :cry: lol.
-Slight upper crowding
-Moderate lower crowding
-5mm overbite
-Right posterior crossbite

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

You might want to give the ortho a call and see if they will replace them.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

brandee987

#3 Post by brandee987 »

But now my cute pretty pastel pink ligatures are a each a different shade ranging from disgusting peach to orange colour from the Vitamin C and from me brushing vigoursly in attempt to rectify the situation!! Grrrr. Now its a whole month of these until my next adjustment in January! I want to cry! lol.
Awww sorry!! I know how you feel.. I stained my ligs the day after I got braced.. and of course everyone is wanting to look at tmy braces for the first time.....but i noticed that the stain is fading some.. they arent as bad as when i first stained them, so hopefully the stain will fade... good luck!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006