first adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jules

first adjustment

#1 Post by Jules »

Can someone please tell me what exactly will happen at my first adjustment? Since the "old school" wires that orthos used to manually tighten don't exist anymore, I don't know what to expect. Is he just simply going to look at my teeth?

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

At my first adjustment they took the ligs off my brackets, the ortho came over and checked everything out and they put new ligs back on. Simple and easy. She did clip my wire ( it was a bit long and was poking me) and that was it.
My second adjustment they took the top wire off completely and put a new rectange one on but left the same one on the bottom then added new ligs. This was a little tighter ( due to the new wire) but not painful and relatively quick.
On a side note, while they have your ligs and wire off it is a good time to ask to floss your teeth ( normally! ahhh, heaven) I brought my own floss, with me since I didnt know if they had any there ( and I still dont, since I always bring my own) :)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Jules

#3 Post by Jules »

Thanks for the info. I will use that floss tip!

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!