bottom hooks/buttoms

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Whitney

bottom hooks/buttoms

#1 Post by Whitney »

Thank you for this site!!! It has been wonderful.
I got top ceramic braces and lower metal braces yesterday and so far, so good. My only question is: "What are the button/hook things on the metal bottoms?" I don't have them with the ceramic. They are utterly annoying and I don't seem to notice them on other people.
Happy Holidays
Whitney

sophielafille

#2 Post by sophielafille »

Oh, you mean those metal jabby things that dig into your cheecks? I thought they were there as a torture mechanism.

Seriously, I think they are for rubber bands or something.

-Sophie
Braces on November 16, 2005: Ceramic Uppers, Metal Lowers
Frenectomy done on December 5, 2005
4 extractions done on December 10
TPA installed Jan 16, 2006
Elastic Triangles started June 8, 2006
BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!!! July 17, 2007
now wearing two removable retainers. Yeah!!!!

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

I'm pretty sure they are used for elastics but they are driving me insane! They are so digging into my cheek and causing huge sores! :shock: I really want them gone!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05