DOES ANYONE ELSE'S ORTHO

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

leah

DOES ANYONE ELSE'S ORTHO

#1 Post by leah »

Does anyone else's Ortho give you'all instructions for what to do at home? What I mean is, I went for an adjustment today and after he looks around at my mouth for a good few minutes he says that my front top incisor has rotated in just a tiny bit. So he ponders for a minute and says he is gonna 3 chain incisor to meisel canine, then tells me that I need to really watch that tooth because if it over rotates we are in trouble and that as soon as I see that it is even take the chain off and put regular ligs on. I don't know why he does this, but I do like that he trusts me enough to help in my own treatment. Another thing he does at visits alot is he asks me what we need to do next, He says he quizzing my knowledge that bewtween my BOARD aka here, and all the questions I ask I should know what to do. He's so funny.

Oh, I also got a new elastic configuration he just called it midline elastics.

[img][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5073 ... 2is.th.jpg[/img][/img]

Thanks for listening to me ramble
Leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

Well my ortho just said to make sure to wear the elastics as instructed, and that was about it. He didn't really give me instructions, but if I had any questions I was welcome to call his cell phone or the office.
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

tokidoki

#3 Post by tokidoki »

Whoa, 116 word sentence there. Calm down.

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

My ortho just tells me how I am to wear my elastics and encourages me to wear them as close to 24/7 as I can. I assume at my ortho, if something needed to be monitored, they'd probably just have me come in sooner.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

leah

#5 Post by leah »

tokidoki wrote:Whoa, 116 word sentence there. Calm down.
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Calm down about what? I didn't know I was upset.
Leah
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05

leah

thank you

#6 Post by leah »

Thank you so much KK, you always have the kindest things to say. You are always so supportive and encouraging to everyone on here.
It is very nice to have an Ortho who involves me so much in my treatment, he says it's very exciting to have someone (me) who is so interested in what's going on, and he loves to explain things.

Leah
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05

gunter8888

#7 Post by gunter8888 »

Leah, I am glad you posted this info about your ortho. I begin my treatment in February and its little tidbits like this that help me to determine what I want from my relationship with my ortho. I know its not news to anyone here, but communication between bracer and bracee is key!
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

leah

agree

#8 Post by leah »

Gunter, I totally agree. My relationship with my ortho is great. He understands that I'm fairly knowledgeble about whats going on with my treatment, and I see my teeth everyday. He see them about 45 minutes every 3 weeks, so I love that he want and used (most of the time) my suggestions on what to do next. He just loves to explain things, and I'm lucky to have found a Ortho like him.

Thanks for your comments,
Leah
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05

LoobyLou

#9 Post by LoobyLou »

Whoa, 116 word sentence there. Calm down.
You counted that??!!!

Leah, that's cool you have an ortho like that - means you can be proactive in your treatment. Just as long as he makes sure he does his bit as he should then I'm sure that's cool.

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*