wearing headgear out and about

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scott75

wearing headgear out and about

#1 Post by scott75 »

ok, im doing it .. i went out socially with my wife last night and managed to wear my headgear all night. i felt really nervous at first but it went away almost completely. each time a new person sees me i sort of get anxious .

had several positive comments , also 2 people thoght i had jaw surgery.

i was off work today so i wore it out for a quick holiday shopping, again most women just smiled at me, while most kids and men sort of stared with blank look..

im not allowed to wear it to work but im planning to be in it 16hrs daily from her eon out

i think i probably look stupid in it but oh well, no one said the price of a good bite is cheap! fiancially or otherwise!!

HeadgearJoe

Re: wearing headgear out and about

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

scott75 wrote:ok, im doing it .. i went out socially with my wife last night and managed to wear my headgear all night. i felt really nervous at first but it went away almost completely. each time a new person sees me i sort of get anxious .

had several positive comments , also 2 people thoght i had jaw surgery.

i was off work today so i wore it out for a quick holiday shopping, again most women just smiled at me, while most kids and men sort of stared with blank look..

im not allowed to wear it to work but im planning to be in it 16hrs daily from her eon out

i think i probably look stupid in it but oh well, no one said the price of a good bite is cheap! fiancially or otherwise!!
hi scott, yea i was there to at first thought my heart would come out my chest , but it don't an we headgear wear's march on , keep up the good job , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

b3nault

#3 Post by b3nault »

Pics!

Norelly

#4 Post by Norelly »

Way to go! I wish I was as secure as you and atleast let close friends know about my headgear.