It's been a long road

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

It's been a long road

#1 Post by luxekitty »

I finally saw an Ortho. yesterday and I took my x-rays today. It has been a major battle for me to get even to this point, so hopefully the hard part is out of the way. My Ortho. should be contacting me next week when he recieves my x-rays.

I am beyond elated that I'm finally going to get my braces on!! I spent the past year battling insurance companies and crooked dentists just to get to this point. I had my wisdom teeth extracted, in preperation for the braces, last December. An entire year was wasted, I could've been halfway done with my treatment now. :(

But, I'm looking on the bright side, at least the process is starting now. (My sister got braces earlier this year at 32.) I have no worries about being ashamed of having braces at my age, I know I'm going to smile more just having them on.

The thought of actually having straight teeth is still surreal at this point. :shock: (I really hate my teeth...)

I look forward to being apart of this community and I'm really happy that I found it!

leah

congrats

#2 Post by leah »

Congrats on your new journey, and welcome. This is a wonderful place full of very nice people.

Leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you, the first step is the hardest.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

Good luck, congratulations on getting this far I know the hardest for me was finding the right place to get treatment. You'll have to keep us up to date on your progress.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05