Advice desperately needed. Please help.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shinyam

Advice desperately needed. Please help.

#1 Post by shinyam »

Lynn, I know this post is not related to braces in any way, but I hope you don't mind me posting it here, as I am in a very desperate situation, and need to seek the advice from this community on what could be a life-changing decision. It's a very personal problem, but here goes:

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. The usual signs: phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out with "the girls" a lot recently, although when I ask which girls, it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive, although I can hear a car setting off. It's as if she has gotten out of the car around the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was, and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again, and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my girlfriend. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth. But last night she went out again, and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street, so I could see which car she gets out of. It was while crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local auto shop and try to repair it myself?
Last edited by shinyam on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It definitely sounds like she is cheating. If I were you, I would confront her. And when you hid behind your car, did you get the see the car she came out of?
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

joleigh

#3 Post by joleigh »

Well that sounds like a very personal problem. That happened to me once, and I just went to the auto supply and repaired it myself :wink:

Gel

#4 Post by Gel »

Okay, are you serious? :lol: The only thing to do when it comes down to your baby is to take it to the only people that you trust. Unless you only trust yourself, then try cleaning it out. What kind of car is it?
Last edited by Gel on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

johnnys_angel

#5 Post by johnnys_angel »

I'm sorry about your girlfriend, but your story made me laugh out loud! :D As to your baby, I would take it to the best people you know, or just do it yourself. Good luck!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

tkais

#6 Post by tkais »

LOL
You had me going!
Have a professional work on your car. It will get done and get done right.

Brooke

#7 Post by Brooke »

I am soooo confused! Are you saying you know she's cheating and don't care or ?

I can't even answer, haha! :lol:
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

dkt3

#8 Post by dkt3 »

Its a joke...

TheSilverSmileChileno

#9 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

damn you made me read all the whole psoting and i have too much work to doooo ahahahaaha
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

amychelle

#10 Post by amychelle »

I'd get your girlfriend's boyfriend to fix it.