No pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JPosey

No pain?

#1 Post by JPosey »

Am I the only one who doesn't get sore after adjustments? I was eating totally normal the day I got my braces put on and the day after. The only time I've ever had any pain was when I bent a wire- now THAT hurt! It gave me a splitting headache. But the way some of you describe it- all your adjustments are like that.

I just had a heavier wire put on today so I can definitely feel a difference but it still isn't painful. I guess it is a good thing! But do you think I could ask her to crank it up a notch? I mean I wouldn't mine being in 5X as much pain if it meant I'd get these things off sooner.

I know my husband was wearing braces before he enlisted in the military and his ortho sped things up a bit for him (he couldn't start basic with them on). Is that something common that orthos do when asked?

I would normally just wait it out but every time I go in I am expecting for things to hurt like crazy and move a lot but they just dont.

What do you guys think?

Like I said in my other post- my ortho sees almost all children so do you think she is just taking it easy on me like she does for them?
~Jamie (21)
Proud Army wife and new mom!
ceramic uppers and metal lowers on 8/9/05

eoberhauser

#2 Post by eoberhauser »

I didn't have any pain in my teeth, just a pesky bracket that was scratching the inside of my lip. I can see noticeable change in just a week in braces. I definitely believe that you don't have to feel pain to get movement. I just thank my lucky stars and notch it up to good luck. I have yet to have my first adjustment, so I guess we'll see about that. It sounds weird, but I kind of like the pressure on my teeth.

OceanGirl

#3 Post by OceanGirl »

I've been braced for 10 months and I haven't had hardly any pain. When I was first braced for the first few days it was uncomfortable but I can't really say pain. I've never had any pain at all after adjustments. The most pain that I've had is with the spacers I had put in last week and even that wasn't too bad. The first couple of days were the worst, now I hardly know they are there. So you don't need pain to get good results.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY