How many times did you have to turn the key? palate expander

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kkalex

How many times did you have to turn the key? palate expander

#1 Post by kkalex »

I am just curious. My ortho told me 19 after the first day. My cousin's told her 21. What about all of yall?

Will

#2 Post by Will »

My ortho said twice a week...

but I've also heard from people twice a day...
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

bethne3

#3 Post by bethne3 »

My ortho told me 2x a day.
4 Wisdoms Removed 11/14/05
Upper Teeth Braced/Expander 11/22/05
Lower Teeth Braced/Expander 11/28/05

OceanGirl

#4 Post by OceanGirl »

Mine was twice a week. Twenty Turns total. He had me turn for an extra month so I had 28 turns. My expander was a little different then most have on here. It fit together with a retainer on my bottom teeth to move my bottom jaw forward to fix my TMJ. I wore it for 5 months after finishing turning.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

braceface69

#5 Post by braceface69 »

Every four days!