Molar bands COLD!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amychelle

Molar bands COLD!

#1 Post by amychelle »

It is just now turning cold here in Tennessee and I have come to realize in a whole new way that I have metal in my mouth.

Those suckers get cold and STAY cold, don't they?

Colder weather means limited breathing through the nose due to stuffiness and winter sniffles. I was on my way into work yesterday morning and to a good deep breath of 28 degree (F) moring air and UGGG! It hit those molar bands and, well, UGG!

I'm gonna have to get me a scarf.

(For some reason, today was one of the first times I've had trouble with cold drinks making them cold and hurt too.)

I guess this was more of an observation and sharing of "Uggg" factors than a question... :)

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Same here in northern Nevada. The weather has definitely gone to winter and I feel it in my teeth. I bought a scarf...I don't usually use them...but will be until I am done wintering with metal.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Geri

#3 Post by Geri »

Hi - I started using sensodyne maximum strength when my teeth began to feel the cold (weather and drinks) and it helped alot. No pain at all now.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

eoberhauser

#4 Post by eoberhauser »

Oh yes! I live in Minnesota and we've already had a day or two in the -4 degree range. I could definitely feel the cold on my braces (all metal) Though, here, we already have to deal with our mucous membrane freezing in our noses causing a "kazoo" effect, so what's another little anomaly?!

eoberhauser

#5 Post by eoberhauser »

Sorry CPU hiccupped
Last edited by eoberhauser on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eoberhauser

#6 Post by eoberhauser »

Sorry CPU hiccupped

Marzipan

#7 Post by Marzipan »

Last week it was below 4 below zero and the molar bands never caused a problem. Once the other brackets go on, I'll see. Because Iowa will definitely have more sub-zero weather. Wonder why I didn't feel it? I figure those molars are in the back of the mouth and the mouth is pretty darned warm inside - if you keep it closed. :D

Natasha_26

#8 Post by Natasha_26 »

I am having lot of pain in my Lower left 2nd molar...just one of them. Dont know whats causing it.

IT cannot be a cavity coz I had my teeth checked a few weeks ago and my dentist said that it was all good. Maybe its the cold weather coz the temperature in toronto currently is - 10 and the pain starts sometime around 3 am when the temp is the lowest. Thank god theres advil but I dont want to be relying on them for the next 2 years or so.

I am really worried coz I have brackets on them and will have arch wires on them on my next appointment.

Upper and Lower Ceramics