Light at the end of the tunnel....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Attagirl2

Light at the end of the tunnel....

#1 Post by Attagirl2 »

I went for new wires today. The orthodontist opened my brackets with a different kind of device - some kind of plyers (for the Damon's) I didn't get to see what he used on the Smart Clips. Anyway, he said to come back in 8 weeks for new wires and I will be getting elastics at that time! Yippee!!!

On a side note, 3 people in the orthondontist's office just got braces - including the orthodontist. They are trying a new way of installing them - with the use of computers to make trays that fit them all at once. I like that he is willing to try new technology (he said the tray method has been around for 30 years, but the use of computers has perfected it....)
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

dkt3

#2 Post by dkt3 »

I had my braces computer fitted. Maybe because they are linguals... just meant a whole lot of metal went in my mouth at once!

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

Attagirl2, My denstist uses that technology, I will find out exactly how it works next week. They told me it would take 1 hour for tops and bottoms to be put on. My ortho uses damon 3's. I'll post how it goes. So glad your treatment is going so well. Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

Hey Girl, I was wondering when I'd see you post again!

Elastics!! Sounds like the bite phase is beginning. :lol:

I never thought I would be begging my ortho for elastics. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

That's awesome Attagirl2! Sounds like your making some great progress! :thumbsup:

I agree CHris, because of my horrible bite I'm hoping I'll get elastics soon but who knows!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

butterfly

#6 Post by butterfly »

KK wrote:Wow you have an orthodontist who's really into testing products before using them on patients ... how cool is that!
Hey my ortho had done treatment as an adult!

When I went to the first consultation he showed me some single brackets he put on himself just to try their feeling :shock:
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

fins

#7 Post by fins »

Are these your finishing elastics? Hope so. So many have left the board from when I first arrived. How much longer do you have?
fins

Attagirl2

#8 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi all and thanks. Fins, I don't know if these are considered finishing elastics. He is going to start fixing my bite now that the teeth are level and aligned properly. As for time, my guess would be another 6 months, but will see. (It will be 2 months before I even get the elastics and then time is needed to let them work, etc.)
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

fins

#9 Post by fins »

Good for you! I hope your teeth move fast with the elastics on. Your teeth look like you could have your braces off today. The bite is a hard thing to fix, isn't it. Takes a long time....sigh.
fins