a nice xmas surprise from my ortho.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

londonchick

a nice xmas surprise from my ortho.....

#1 Post by londonchick »

Hi All

just wanted to share with people who would understand my excitment. Went for adjustment today (long gap as my ortho has been off having a baby) and not only did she say i was done with the elastics but then she said "and i think we can get rid of that quad helix expander". Oh the absolute joy. I've had that in for just over a year and it feels absolutly wonderful to have it gone. Can't wait to have a really nice meal sans expander :lol:

swan

#2 Post by swan »

Yay, Londonchick!!!
:dance:
I haven't had an expander, but I do have elastics, and I can imagine the difference without the expander!
:banana:
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

redjunebug

#3 Post by redjunebug »

you're lucky...my ortho gave me elastics for christmas. as if i need something else in my mouth. now i have 2 elastics in front and 1 one each side of my top molars. :cry:
Value ALL Families.

greencapt

#4 Post by greencapt »

YEAHAHAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Congrats on the progress and the removal of that gosh danged helix! I was sooooooo happy to have mine off!! Soon you'll be able to really taste food again!

:BigTeethGrin:

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Londonchick! THat is an awesometacular Christmas gift!

:-)o :-V :jump: :rawk: :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05