Got new Braces/anxious/infront of the mirror

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mahder123

Got new Braces/anxious/infront of the mirror

#1 Post by Mahder123 »

I finally got my new braces 3days ago!!. I wanted it for years and visited a dentist for Invisiline 3years ago (I could have been done by now) However, He was a crook and mislead me with wrong info. He suggested I should get implants on a missing lower molar which was a way of him swiping my FlexSpending account. I have a court date in a small claims over his refusal of the refund......

Anyhow, I am so excited now with my new braces and I keep on looking on the mirror more often. I check the movement as if I can see it in motion...help me to slow my mind down! And also, my bite is now off and I can't chew at all. Would this go away? I am blending soup and shakes.

Mahder

Ariesinatl

#2 Post by Ariesinatl »

Hey Congrats on getting braced. I've just had my braces put on 5 days ago. My bite is also off. I think this is normal.

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

Welcome to the board and the wonderful world of braces. Yes, the movement is quite normal. In the beginning I swear I didn't know where my teeth were going to be from day to day. It does settle down!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Lyn

#4 Post by Lyn »

Congratulations!!
YES, the bite thing is normal. I still cannot eat salad, because I can't grind up the lettuce enough to swallow it. Soft foods now work better for chewing, but as the days go by you'll notice it gets easier. I am able to eat alot better in just the past two weeks!!

Also, try cutting things up and putting them in your mouth to chew. That helped alot for me.

Good Luck!!! :D

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Mahder123

New braces and anxious

#5 Post by Mahder123 »

Thanks for the replies. Now it makes me feel good to know that things will be better though the exitement weighed more than the food processing stress.
My middle line is off almost half a teeth due to extracted canines. My left side shifted all the way to the right filling the space of the extraction. It is only obvious to myself but from far my teeth look in perfect condition.

I hated seeing pictures taken from one side and resented my childhood dentist who extracted the canines. I think I am about to forgive him:-) and even the crook Dentist who took my $1500 flex spending savings $$.
I have been through a lot when it comes to this teeth:-) My new Ortho, Dr Yurfest is owesome (good ratings on Dr oogle)

Thanks!
Mahder