treatment time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

swindler

treatment time

#1 Post by swindler »

Hi everyone!

I'm getting braced in 3 days....and I'm pretty frightened to be honest.

I'm curious as to how long everyone's treatment is and if there are any people only treating 1 arch? My treatment is estimated to be about 4-9 months for upper arch, which to me seems unusually short. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

calley03

#2 Post by calley03 »

Congratulations!! I get braced on Monday and I am very nervous too. My estimated timeframe is 14-18 months, and I am getting top and bottom braces. Good luck.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

Welcome to the Board Swindler! :-1

Congratulations on making the decision to get braces!

If you are only doing the upper arch and its not terribly crooked it shouldn't take terribly long. I'm having upper and lower braces and my estimate was 3-4 years! :? I only just got bottom braces after 1.5 years so it will probably be that long or longer! :shock: But then again I supposedly am my ortho's most complicated case! :x

Good luck with your braces and let us know how it goes! :thumbsup:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

ssfw

#4 Post by ssfw »

I will be getting an expander in late January for my upper arch to correct my crossbite and overjet. I am suppose to get the braces placed on my upper arch around May. If all goes well, my total treatment time will be 12-16 months. If he can't get the bite corrected then I will new braces on my lower arch also which would extend the treatment time to 16-20 months. I won't know about the braces for the lower arch until around July.
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08