1st day in braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chops

1st day in braces

#1 Post by chops »

Hi all!

I got my braces on today! I'm glad to report that it wasn't too bad at all! in fact, I had burger and fries afterwards for lunch!! one of my back brackets is kindof irritating my cheek, but it's nothing big.

Oh yeah, I got ceramics! they're pretty good so far, can't see em from far distances. hope they don't stain!

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well with yours, the journey now begins....

hanna

#2 Post by hanna »

Hi chops...today is my 2nd day and I seem to be having a harder time than you. I hope this gets easier.

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

Congratulations Chops glad to hear you are enjoying your ceramics, Monday is my day and I am getting ceramic tops!! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

chops

#4 Post by chops »

I should mention that I am only treating one arch and not all the teeth have brackets either, so I guess I kindof have it easier.....if I had both arches braced I probably wouldn't be so great.....

HANNA, I hope your 3rd day gets better...how was ur first day by the way?

CALLEY, how long are u having yours for? ceramics seem great so far, good luck on monday!

hanna

#5 Post by hanna »

chops wrote:I should mention that I am only treating one arch and not all the teeth have brackets either, so I guess I kindof have it easier.....if I had both arches braced I probably wouldn't be so great.....

HANNA, I hope your 3rd day gets better...how was ur first day by the way?

CALLEY, how long are u having yours for? ceramics seem great so far, good luck on monday!
my first day was good. the braces are good. it is the other thing they put in that is preventing my tongue from touching the roof of my mouth that is killing me...well killing my tongue I guess...hehe

chops

#6 Post by chops »

ok, I'm sad to announce that my 2nd day has been painful!...coudln't even imagine eating burgers adn fries right now.

johnnya

Same here

#7 Post by johnnya »

I was all exhausted today. I actually slept few hours right after I came home from work.. I never do that.
I just want to get them out! It doesn't hurt that much apart from when I talk..hurts my tongue.
But the feeling is awkward really.

BTW No one at work today noticed my braces..

calley03

#8 Post by calley03 »

Chops: 14-18 months is what they say, ice ceramics on top, metal on bottom. I am ready for the worst, I am gong out for breakfast on monday before my appt. so I will be full for the day :D Thanks, I'll let everyone know how it goes.... Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05