Appointment interrupted by Katrina...on track now

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Liza Bee

Appointment interrupted by Katrina...on track now

#1 Post by Liza Bee »

I was scheduled to begin my orthodontic treatment on August 29, Monday, at an attractive office about 1/2 mile from the beach on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast. The Sunday night before as my husband, kids, mother, and I battled water pouring in every light fixture in the house, chimney falling off, ceilings caving in, I wisecracked that perhaps I shouldn't bother to go in for my appointment.

After an understandable delay, I did finally get started albeit in a smaller office several miles north. December 6-- I got my palatal expanders...Wow...I feel like my life has changed. I am a mouth! Then, on Dec. 16, braces were added...I was amazed anything else could fit in my mouth. And just in time for Christmas!

I'm a bit of a guinea pig. There are some new aspects to my treatment which should result in this process going faster than usual. My expanders have a spring design that exert constant light pressure.

My next appointment is in March--very different from my kids' appointment schedules which were much more frequent. My March appointment will be in that attractive office close to the beach which will be restored by then.

I have enjoyed reading this site. So much useful info on dealing with soreness and eating.

Liza Bee

#2 Post by Liza Bee »

Hi kk,
There will be a few things on the Christmas menu that I think will work for me: Cornbread dressing minus the chicken pieces, mashed potatoes, and a wonderful carrot souffle.

By the way, I have seen several of your excellent posts. I'm finding your warm salt water rinses to be very good advice. Greatly helps irritated places on my gums and the insides of my cheeks. The sore teeth will hopefully calm down on their own soon.

Liza

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

Liza Bee: I'm glad you've started your journey, were on the same track. Sorry to hear that Katrina hit the area where you live, hope you guys are beginning to recover.. Good luck with your journey keep us updated.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Liza Bee

#4 Post by Liza Bee »

"Sorry to hear that Katrina hit the area where you live, hope you guys are beginning to recover.. "

Thanks, Calley. It's truly awful. Recovery has begun but... wow... there is so much to be done. It's overwhelming at times. But I'll say this: we have experienced incredible outpourings of love from all over this country including your state of Missouri. Faith-based organization have been particularly amazing.

I almost changed my mind about going through with my ortho. Ultimately, I decided to try to be optimistic by keeping life on as normal a track as possible.

Liza