Just braced!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

Just braced!

#1 Post by gsx »

Appointment with the ortho to place the brackets...
Don't get wrong, it does disturb! First of all acid doesn't smell very well (of course is acid not coca-cola :D ) Also you have to have the mouth open for much time... not breathing well and don't speaking...

Finally I choose the ceramic ones. They are not easily seen unless I smile, so its ok for me. The ortho ask me wether to put upper and lower brackets at the same time or not, and I told him "what will you do? -Both. So I have placed both lower and upper brackets.
I have no pain at all, but a little discomform. Brackets bump with my lips and of course the pressure, not as much as the spacers but a permanent pressure on my mouth.
Seeing myself in the mirror, I noticed that my upper wire does not have one of the bands... ¿is it normal? But there is a spacer still in, maybe to fit it lately?

I went with my girlfriend, so I asked for a lot of kisses after the brakets... AND IT'S NOTICEABLE and who kisses you FEELS THEM!

Also the orthodontist said something like "HAWLEY"... it seems to be a kind of aparatus... Someone knows?

Pics of before and after my brackets...

]Image
AFTER

gsx

#2 Post by gsx »

Thanks lucyloop!

Definetively the braces hurts, now I'm having extra dosis of pain, I don't now where the hell to place the tongue, and... I don't see the day i will come to chew meat again!
Also, for two times I have brushed the teeth two elastics have tried to go out of the bracket... so I have to care more care too...
Not to mention the horrible smell that brings from my stomach... :(

dena

#3 Post by dena »

felicidades, gsx! Your teeth look fabulous with braces--they are very subtle. Let us know how it goes.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

gsx

#4 Post by gsx »

Gracias Dena por tus comentarios!
One of the things I use to think is "why these brackets that are not seen by the people hurt so much? On the other way I wan't to be the focus of the people, so that's why I decided to put the ceramic ones. I'm very proud of my decission, they are practicaly unseen by the people.
regards