Dental gadgets for Christmas?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alexa

#1 Post by alexa »

My mom had promised me brush heads for my Sonicare...but I think she forgot.... :?
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

bethne3

#2 Post by bethne3 »

I received a Waterpik for Christmas. I tried it and love it!
4 Wisdoms Removed 11/14/05
Upper Teeth Braced/Expander 11/22/05
Lower Teeth Braced/Expander 11/28/05

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

Just a hand held toothbrush. We get some kind of toothbrush as a stocking stuffer every year at my husband's parents.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

noppi

Waterpik

#4 Post by noppi »

My boyfriend got me a waterpik. Sounds funny, but I'm quite grateful. I wanted one and now I don't have to get it. =) I hope my ortho gives me a Sonicare =)
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

amychelle

#5 Post by amychelle »

I always buy everyone a round of toothbrushes for the stockings at Christmas. We get fun ones then, like ScoobyDoo, SpongeBob, & Care Bears for the kids (teenagers actually).

I got a new manual toothbrush too, first time I've used one since being braced - bought my Oral-B day before I was braced.

It goes back to my best freinds mom who gave me one every year in my stocking at her house (I practically lived there - and DID live there for a while.)

I am obsesive about buying new toothbrushes. I can't stand a funky brush. I buy them as often or more than I do shoes! :oops: :P :D

swan

#6 Post by swan »

amychelle wrote: I am obsesive about buying new toothbrushes. I can't stand a funky brush. I buy them as often or more than I do shoes! :oops: :P :D
I don't see anything obsessive about that since you need a new toothbrush every 1 to 3 months (depending on whose advice you listen to) and shoes will be good for at least 6 months, possibly up to a year, even if worn every day.
So everyone in their right mind needs a new toothbrush more often than a pair of shoes :D
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

amychelle

#7 Post by amychelle »

swan wrote: So everyone in their right mind needs a new toothbrush more often than a pair of shoes :D
You don't know how much I like buying shoes!!! :-* :heart:

KittyW

#8 Post by KittyW »

I wish someone had offered to pay off the balance of my ortho treatment for Christmas!!! :lol:

Thankfully, I didn't receive any dental stuff! (except a new lighted 9X magnification mirror from my husband...I burned the first one out already!!!)
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

BlueeyedManda

#9 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I had been looking all over for one of those ortho cut brushes and couldn't find one so I snagged one from the office. when I went in for my spacers today. I would have loved a Sonicare for Christmas, all though my sweetie got me a lighthouse end table which is neat.

Amychelle-I am 23 and I would buy a Care Bear brush for myself, they don't make cartoons like they used too :)

Lyn

#10 Post by Lyn »

I just bought myself a waterpik with $$$ given to me as a present. When I came home with it my hubby was surprised and said "I would have gotten you that if you would have told me" :wink: That was so sweet of him to care.

We ALWAYS get new toothbrushes in the stockings. I'm another one who replaces them every couple of months or so. I have a germ fetish thingy. EWW.... gross toothbrush in your mouth - yuk!! :lol:

Anyway, I wish my ortho gave out Sonicare toothbrushes.....had he put it into the total cost, I'd have never know I bought it myself, tehehe :D

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7