*cries* I want mustard!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

*cries* I want mustard!!!!

#1 Post by Kittysopretty »

I am afraid to eat anything - everything stains! I hope I can get an appt asap to get wire ties....omg what if my ortho won't do the wire ties??? :Questions:

I am craving mustard sooo bad...among other things.....Since I just changed my own ligs and it was a pain....why didn't I have a last hoorah and eat staining things first?? :-+ duh....

Chocoholic

#2 Post by Chocoholic »

Hey Kittysopretty,

The trick is to constantly swish with water whilst you eat things that might stain. I've had ceramics with clear ligs for 7 months now and no major probs. I love curry, red wine anything that stains, but if you drink water or brush as soon as you can, you'll find it won't be so bad.

Happy eating! :D

littleshaddies

#3 Post by littleshaddies »

The ligs I've been getting seem to do OK. I never think about staining while eating. love tea, curry, all kind tomatoe sauces, cola and I smoke. Still, they don't stain that bad. I change them every four weeks. Week 1 - all clear, week 2 - cloudy, week 3 - stains, so only one week in stains without "diet", and only I seem to notice that too. I wouldn't have bold colours tho, this works just fine.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Metal Mouth Guy

#4 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Mustard and Curry and Coffee, oh my! :shock:

The only stuff I don't eat is the stuff I don't like....

MMG
drinking coffee and looking forward to tonite's Chicken Curry

Kittysopretty

#5 Post by Kittysopretty »

Luckily I've never had curry so that's not a problem!

Yes, I knew they would stain but not so drastically so quickly!!! Grrrr....

Well, I will simply change my own until my ortho gets me wire ties!! I'm calling his office today to make an appt for specifically that.

Metal Mouth Guy

#6 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Kittysopretty wrote:Luckily I've never had curry so that's not a problem!
"Luckily"?

You're missing out on some good stuff.

MMG

Kittysopretty

#7 Post by Kittysopretty »

lol, that's why I'm lucky!! As if I don't have enough problems with coffee, BBQ sauce, mustard, spaghetti, berries etc.....curry is one thing I don't have to fret over!! :lol:

Nikkiekoala

#8 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Boy I am glad I have Damon's! I would die without Mustard or curry! I hope you get the wire ties soon!!!!!

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

jenns91civic

#9 Post by jenns91civic »

Get colored ligs and eat what you want...

What the heck is curry?? sounds nasty
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

jenns91civic wrote:Get colored ligs and eat what you want...

What the heck is curry?? sounds nasty
A wealth of information on curry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry

In short, it's like a mixture of spices used to make a spicy gravy like sauce used a lot in Indian (as well as Thai, Japanese, and others) cooking, generally eaten with meat and/or vegetables and rice. It's quite delicious.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

Curry is wonderful, especially when it's made well!

There are Indian curries and Thai curries. And probably curries from other cultures as well.

But I suppose it's like licorace -- either you really like it or you really don't.

Anyway getting back to the staining part of this topic.... try getting Smoke colored ligs. When they are on your brackets you can barely see them and they resist the stains better than most colors.

For the record, I had mustard all the time and I don't remember it staining my ligs too much. I bit stuff from the side, not from the front, so I suppose that helped. Curry was the worst. I always ate curry only in the week before I was going to get my ligs changed.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Chocoholic

#12 Post by Chocoholic »

OMG - I love curry! Especially the Indian curries, but you know there not meant to be overly hot, some people love the Vindalou, talk about blow your head off.

Give me a nice creamy chicken curry any day, tasty spices and chapatis and flavoured rice - mmmmm mmmm!

Seriously if you've never tried curry you have to! Also it's very good for you, the mixture of traditional spices are good for cleansing the blood, with a strong one you might smell a bit for a while but oh so good!

Lucifina

#13 Post by Lucifina »

Stop! :shock: Now I have to go run out and get Indian for dinner!!! :banana: It is my favorite! I got silver ligs right off and then at the 1st adjustment I got black. Everyone here warned about the curry many times on many posts so I knew right off not to get any light colors! That and coffee and cola too. We just had 3 new Thai places open up in town in the past 2 months or so, so I will have to go give those a try. Never had Thai before. I also have not attempted sushi w/braces yet but eating w/braces has proved to be much easier than I thought :D As for curry I think you either love it or hate it. I love it :heart:
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

Lyn

#14 Post by Lyn »

:tingrin:

OK - - I am going to have the BEST dinner ever on Monday night - - Mustard, Curry, Coffee, Chocolate-----------hmmmm wonder what I can make with those ingredients!! he he he. The point is - - I get my clear ligs changed at 9:30 Tuesday morning, so YIPEE! I'm gonna eat whatever I want...............come on Stain and GET ME!! ha ha ha :jokerlaugh:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Wren

#15 Post by Wren »

I believe the mustard-staining comes mostly from the turmeric, which is a yellow spice that appears frequently in mustard. Before I got wire ties I too was CRAVING mustard. I found a Grey Poupon squeeze bottle with some kind of horseradish mustard that did not contain turmeric--I actually brought this with me to a baseball game this summer so that I could have it on my hot dog!--and it did NOT stain my (tooth-colored) ligs. I know it's not the same as plain ol' yellow mustard, but it did the trick for me in terms of quelling the craving.

Good luck!
Braces on: May 2005
Braces off: August 2006 (4 months early, hooray!)