late christmas supprise from orthodontist

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeadgearJoe

late christmas supprise from orthodontist

#1 Post by HeadgearJoe »

well i've been kina wonder for months , since my orthodontist pulled off the upper back brackets an put on the ones with hooks an headgear tubes, yea yesterday was the day to find out an EXPANDER i'm so FREAKEN happy , my entire upper arch is sore an my molors oh yea lets eat something NOT , oh well enough on fussing it will be in for three or four months , an yes i'll get use to it to , just wanted to vent , hg/elastic/expander/elastics/JOE
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Sorry to hear your new "appliance" is causing more pain - what a bummer this time of year. Hope you get used to it quickly so things calm down. Glad it is for only 3 or 4 month, too. Hang in there and it will be over soon. Happy New Year.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

Attagirl2 wrote:Sorry to hear your new "appliance" is causing more pain - what a bummer this time of year. Hope you get used to it quickly so things calm down. Glad it is for only 3 or 4 month, too. Hang in there and it will be over soon. Happy New Year.
hi , thanks for the support, this afternoon is a bit better , been wearing my headgear pretty much all day an it seams to help , but don't ask why cause i'm not sure , man food realy gets stuck , i had a few pieces of cheese sticks oh my gosh it got tangled all around it , thought i would never get it all brushed away, hgjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

littleshaddies

#4 Post by littleshaddies »

Oh you poor thing. Here I am complaning about heavy wires and shorter powerchains related pain. Hope it feels better for new year's eve.
As for the food, cheese is never a good idea. I tell myself that every time after I have eaten it.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

littleshaddies wrote:Oh you poor thing. Here I am complaning about heavy wires and shorter powerchains related pain. Hope it feels better for new year's eve.
As for the food, cheese is never a good idea. I tell myself that every time after I have eaten it.
thanks , yea me an cheese have a thing going , i like it but my appliances can't stand it , if i wear my headgear all the time my teeth get tender , but if i don't the expander realy pushes or something an it HURTS , so i just wear it , i was in walmart this morning in my headgear as many times before an the check out lady just looked , most people just look an go on an it realy don't bother me at all , pain or looks i'll take the looks , headgearjoe

HeadgearJoe

#6 Post by HeadgearJoe »

KK wrote:Joe what a mongrel thing to have to include in your treatment! :-=

Hopefully by now your mouth will be feeling a bit more comfortable ... if that's possible ... and you're back to enjoying a few of your favourite foods at least!

Good luck with your ongoing 'multi' appliance treatment! :banana:
HI , thanks yes things are getting better an not as sore any more , looks like i'll be able to do just 12 in headgear today (yea ha)

Norelly

#7 Post by Norelly »

I wear headgear and I really admire the people that have the guts to wear it in public, I'm not one of them, way to go! As for the expander wish you look never had one, hope your mouth feels better.

summergirl

expander

#8 Post by summergirl »

yea ,expanders stink,never really gets better sorry to say.Mine is coming out soon but not soon enough for me.I find soft food like cheese to be easier to eat.Then brush and floss,use water pick right after eating.Ever try eating pizza crust ouch!!!! Any pain your having I find asprin does the trick of getting rid of pain .I wish someone had told me that the beinging of my treatment.I used heating pads ice packs ect.to get rid of pain.The pain does go away after a while.The worst part of the expander thing for me is talking .You just can't talk with this thing in your mouth.Everyone says what did you say ,you have to keep repeating yourself.It is so NASTY.People should write more about their experience with these things.GOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! I hope your comes off quick..
Summergirl

HeadgearJoe

#9 Post by HeadgearJoe »

Norelly wrote:I wear headgear and I really admire the people that have the guts to wear it in public, I'm not one of them, way to go! As for the expander wish you look never had one, hope your mouth feels better.
hi , yea thanks for you support ,what type of headgear are you wearing an how many hours a day are you suppose to be in yours

HeadgearJoe

Re: expander

#10 Post by HeadgearJoe »

summergirl wrote:yea ,expanders stink,never really gets better sorry to say.Mine is coming out soon but not soon enough for me.I find soft food like cheese to be easier to eat.Then brush and floss,use water pick right after eating.Ever try eating pizza crust ouch!!!! Any pain your having I find asprin does the trick of getting rid of pain .I wish someone had told me that the beinging of my treatment.I used heating pads ice packs ect.to get rid of pain.The pain does go away after a while.The worst part of the expander thing for me is talking .You just can't talk with this thing in your mouth.Everyone says what did you say ,you have to keep repeating yourself.It is so NASTY.People should write more about their experience with these things.GOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! I hope your comes off quick..
Summergirl
hi thanks for the support also , yea the expander is the pitts, back in april 05 he started to correct the midline with 1/8 6 oz elastics , they seem to have just about fixed the midline , but it has given me a nasty crossbite, fix one screw up another , was told might need some expansion but didn't know what that ment till wednesday of last week ouch been sore pretty much since then , i need 4 to 5 mm of movement a 1mm a month suppose to have it 3 to 5 months i hope