Help** is it Waterpik or Sonicare?? **

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

Help** is it Waterpik or Sonicare?? **

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hey all....

OK - - I am totally confused. I went out and bought a Waterpik today and think I got the wrong thing. Everyone is talking about "sonicare" a toothbrush? This thing I got uses water. It is cordless - - rechargeable. Of course I can't use it yet, because it needs to charge for 16 hrs!! :x bummer.

So, what's the deal.............did I get the right thing or are they different??
:lol:
HELP!

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

calley03

#2 Post by calley03 »

I saw the model of waterpik you are talking about, it looked really nice. I love my waterpik it really helps, and I had posted about buying a sonicare this week. I really like both products. Good luck. Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

noppi

=)

#3 Post by noppi »

Wasn't a waste of your money. I got the waterpik (the same one you speak of) for christmas. I don't have my braces on just yet, but it makes my mouth feel cleaner =) I'll probably get an Elite Sonicare soon
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Metal Mouth Guy

#4 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

I have both.

I used the Sonicare before I got braces and pretty much quit using it in the first month of braces. Seemed to me that it didn't do as good a job as regular brushing once all the additional "hazards to navigation" were thrown into the equation. I also managed to pop off several ligatures with my Sonicare.

I picked up the Waterpik soon after realizing that my fingers are not nimble enough to make flossing possible in a "reasonable" amount of time. The Waterpik is much easier to use and does a better job than my braces-on flossing.

As always, YMMV.

MMG