Evelyn got a debanding date!!!! *PICS*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

Evelyn got a debanding date!!!! *PICS*

#1 Post by Evelyn »

This day has been incredible, absolutely incredible-I don't normally like to type in all caps but I think this one warrants it...I GOT A DEBANDING DATE! I can't believe it, I'm still in shock, absolute shock. I wasn't expecting it at all, today was just a normal appointment and I had given up on the idea that I was ever going to get these off, but they told me that Feb. 8th I'm going in for impressions and then, here it is...drumroll please.....................March 1st (St. David's Day!) Is my debanding date!

I've got some pictures up here for you to see how my teeth stand at the moment. The colors are abit wierd-I took them with a new camera and I'm still getting used to it but here they are:

When they told me at the ortho today, I started shaking so badly and I couldn't stop smiling and when I drove home I actually broke down and started crying. I had to open the windows even though it's freezing cold outside to convince myself that it was all real and not a dream. I haven't posted much lately so I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with my story, but in a nutshell I got braced on September 9th 2002 for an impacted canine. I got it uncovered for the first time on Jan. 2 2004 and then again when the bracket broke off and came through the gum on June 11, 2004.

It's been a real roller coaster ride for me, with so many setbacks that at so many times I really felt like giving up. As stupid as it sounds, it's actually been quite emotional for me. When I first got braces I was just starting 8th grade and dentists were the scariest thing in the world. I still remember the date of one of my dentist appointments because I was dreading it so much-for months literally-Nov. 27, 2001. When they told me that my canine was impacted and I would need surgery and braces for at least two years, I literally broke down. For months. As a seventh grader, it's all quite scary and it was all just so unknown all I could think of was 'surgery surgery surgery' and it scared the bejeebies out of me.

Getting to where I am now with my teeth is one of my proudest accomplishments to date. I've had braces now for 40 months and will officially end up at 8 days shy of 42 months. That's 8 days shy of three and a half years. Yes I've got it all worked out :D Anyways, it's been such an obstacle for me-I've times I've really gotten depressed over the whole issue and how it seemed so unrelenting but I have to say that in the end it is most definately worth it.

It's going to be so wierd to think of me without braces. They've been such a part of me for so long. All of my friends that I know so well now have never seen me without braces-I've had them all through high school and half of middle school. They're like an identity, and to think of myself without them is like changing my name or something. I can't even imagine what it'll be like to play my clarinet without them-I've battled through 4 concert band seasons and 3 marching band seasons it's been hell I tell you.

I asked my ortho about retainers today. It seemed so wierd really asking about retainers. He said I'm going to have a bonded one on the bottom and then a Hawley on top for a while so that they can tweak things if they happen to change and then once things settle down I can get an essix if I want to. That sounds perfect to me-I really like the idea of a bonded retainer on bottom, so I won't be able to forget about it and it'll really hold things in there and I also really like the Hawley on top. I'm into those 'old school' kind of things if you can call a Hawley that....and I've seen them all over so I am really curious to see what they're like. I also like that both the Hawley and the bonded allow your bite to settle because that's something I was worried about. Then when I go off to college I can get an essix which will blend in more.

Wow, this really has been quite the essay, I'm sorry it's so long! I just hope it gives someone somewhere out there who might be just starting their treatment and scared about the whole thing the confidence that I never got back in 2002, and if I've learned anything over these past 42 months,

it's that braces really aren't that bad.

Much love, Eve
Last edited by Evelyn on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Jade

#2 Post by Jade »

Thanks for sharing this! It must feel so good to be finally getting your braces off!
and your teeth look just beautiful! I'm jeleous! :)

I'm anxiously waiting to get my braces on, or even just to get an into my consultation appointment with my Orthodontist of choice.

Congrats!

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

OMG EVELYN I'M SO FRICKIN' EXCITED FOR YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS! :-)o :-V :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: :HugeGrin:

You've definitely earned this after almost 40 months! :shock: I have been totally following your story and its so exciting to see what a beautfiul smile you finally have! :thumbsup: Your story really does give me hope that I can have a beautful smile with canines someday! :wink: I really can't wait for that!

BTW I really like your ligs! Very pretty! :D

I can't wait to see amazing pictures on March first! :wink:

Congratulations!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

bajanrose

#4 Post by bajanrose »

Eve I am SO SO happy for you, I can imagine you saying "It's about time!!!" Congrats!!! March will soon be here :) I have read your story and you certainly have come a long way. I am very excited for you. :D Your teeth are beautiful! :-)o :-#) :thumbsup:
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Anticipator

#5 Post by Anticipator »

Congrats on the deband date.

I'm more impressed by the lig choice though. Think a 27 year old can pull those off without looking too silly?
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

BlueeyedManda

#6 Post by BlueeyedManda »

Congrats on the debanding date, you deserve it! I like the colors too. If I was a little younger I would mix-match. Cute!

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

Aww thanks so much everyone! I'm so used to being at the other end-seeing others getting their debanding dates and getting their braces off it's so wierd actually being one of 'them'...
Anticipator wrote:I'm more impressed by the lig choice though. Think a 27 year old can pull those off without looking too silly?
Hehe I've done much worse oh gosh you should have seen some of the color choices I've made...the worst was definately the first year I had them for christmas I got white and red two ligs on each tooth...looked horrendous (sp?), like I had buck teeth or something. That was also when we had a family reunion. I was growing out my bangs at the time and was generally going through that 'awkward stage' so I cringe so badly whenever I look at the pictures.

Then there was the pink, blue and orange ones, and then the lime green and purple ones...you name it I've tried it. I was numb when she handed me the colors today-blue's actually quite tame compared to what I've had

And to answer the question...heck yes a 27 year old could pull it off! Have fun with your braces-afterall they'll be off before you know it :wink:

Thanks again for the encouragement
~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

drazda

#8 Post by drazda »

I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your great story :)
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Shelby014

#9 Post by Shelby014 »

congrats Evelyn, i am soooo happy for you!!! You got navy and aqua ligs i presume? You have inspired me, i was trying to find a new color combo, and now i got it!!! Thanks so much!! Your teeth are so pretty, infact, i'm a little jealous :wink: Congrats on the bebanding date!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

aznfayeth

#10 Post by aznfayeth »

your teeth looks so great!
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

jenns91civic

#11 Post by jenns91civic »

Congratulations!!! I love the lig colors too. To be quite honest I miss my braces sometimes because I see lig colors and combos that I wish I had tried lol.

March 1 will be here before you know it. Now you have to pick what color Hawley you want haha.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

Chris

#12 Post by Chris »

Evelyn wrote:Aww thanks so much everyone! I'm so used to being at the other end-seeing others getting their debanding dates and getting their braces off it's so wierd actually being one of 'them'...
~Eve
Off you go to the NAKED TOOTH section of the forum !! I'M JEALOUS!
I'll get there sooner or later. I know you've been in braces a very long time. Congratulations, Eve! :-)o
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

asianflow

#13 Post by asianflow »

Congrats!!!

I was also surprised when I found out my braces were going to come off. I can't even began to tell you how good it feels to not have braces anymore.

You're teeth are a lot straighter than mine!

Join the brace free club in March.

samantha_lou

#14 Post by samantha_lou »

Congratulations Eve!! It sounds like you have been through quite an adventure with your orthodontics. Even with your braces on, its easy to see that you have a gorgeous smile now, and its great that you have your debanding appointment. Congrats honey, and well done on sticking with it and getting through the treatment!

mtbrncofn

#15 Post by mtbrncofn »

Congrats, Evelyn! Those teeth of yours are looking gorgeous!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.