Implant questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

privatepilot

Implant questions

#1 Post by privatepilot »

I am supposed to get 3 temporary implants in the spaces left by the 3 teeth I had to have pulled in conjunction with my braces. Now I have gaps to close and the ortho says the implants will "significantly" reduce the time I have to be in braces-how does that work?? Will it really reduce the time? They are costing me $600 so I hope they really do help and are not a way of funding the prosthetologists son's college education!!
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

Betty Bat

#2 Post by Betty Bat »

Not sure about this one either, unless it's just to be sure that things don't shift around too much while you're in braces, so that you would have to correct for that later on.

I'm going to get implants to replace two baby teeth, but that's after the braces are done. I was told that the implant process could start 3 months before the end of the braces. But, my braces are to make room for the implants, not vice versa.

And, just out of curiosity, how will they be "temporary"? Will the anchors be removed?

privatepilot

#3 Post by privatepilot »

Temporary implants look like little screws and are taken out after they have served their purpose. Sounds like you are having the permanent ones that actually look like teeth
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

today53

#4 Post by today53 »

Thats what the Doc told me this afternoon, he said by using impants, 2 of them and a metal bar or something, he advised that by using them as anchors to pull back the front teeth, i probably wont be needing rubber band as much.

What a coincidnece, he said it would cost $600.00 extra.

I am not a big fan of taking things, like teeth, out of my month, and I dont really like the idea of sticking some metal stick in either.