kissing with braces....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Patty

kissing with braces....

#1 Post by Patty »

Hi to everybody!I'm Patty, I'm 19 years old and I have braces!I'm Italian, so sorry if my english isn't good!
I'd want to ask you a question about an embarassing topic:kissing with braces!!I have a transpalatal arch and maybe I will have to put elastics between upper canins and lower molars..If anyone is in my situation: please tell me if kissing someone in this conditions it's something awful/embarassing and so on!

I searched in the forum something about this problem but I didn't found anything!Maybe beacuse of my bad english!

Thank you!!

Kisses

braceface1230

Funny

#2 Post by braceface1230 »

Funny topic actually. I've often wondered the exact same thing. To be honest though, since being braced, I've not kissed anyone. So, I'm sorry I can't offer any personal experience to this. But I'm sure it's like anything that feels awkward at first... something that takes a little practice to become something that feels like second nature.

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

I wish I could say I knew....

Of all the time that I've had braces I've never been kissed...on the mouth at least:)

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

No problems in that department. It does take a teensy bit of getting used to, but you should be fine.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

gsx

#5 Post by gsx »

there is a topic... which talks about kissing.

My personal opinion... nothing you do with the mouth while in braces will be the same. The very first I did with the braces on was to kiss my girlfriend (she was awaiting me at the wait room of the ortho) and depending how much deep you tongue travels in her mouth she feels your braces in her lips.

Not so embarrasing if you are confident with your mate, but "strange" sensations, and a kind of warn for not to hurt the lips of her with the brackets.

I reckon I'm a bit "special", and I enjoy kissing with braces and biteing her... try to fun!

Destor

#6 Post by Destor »

I haven't had the pleasure yet, but during my first consultation, the Ortho sent one of their staff to talk to me about what to eat and such. She said kissing her husband wasn't a problem at all, if not a little bit strange at first (with Damon3 brackets). Married couple though, so obviousally they're comfortable with eachother, a first-date type situation might be more tense.

Now, kissing another person with braces could be trickier. Something about getting your archwires/elastics intertwined or brackets hooked on eachother just doesn't sound good :P
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

JN_Woods

#7 Post by JN_Woods »

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 5 years so we are really comfortable with each other. We've not had any kissing-related issues, at least not yet. I've heard no complaints!

As others have said, if you are dating it might be more awkward, but if anything weird happens just laugh it off.

I'm just paranoid he'll accidentally knock me in the mouth. A long time ago he dropped a tv remote on my mouth long before the braces and it hurt for days.

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

chrisd

#8 Post by chrisd »

i have kissed people with braces, while i had mine, and when only they were braced.
no problems. none at all. just go a bit slow for the first few seconds.
chris

chrisd

#9 Post by chrisd »

i have kissed people with braces, while i had mine, and when only they were braced.
no problems. none at all. just go a bit slow for the first few seconds.
chris

mackenzie

#10 Post by mackenzie »

My boyfriend hasn't said he noticed anything different but I have kind of big lips that might make my braces feel less obvious.

After kissing a long time my lips have gotten little sores from my braces but I think, like everything else, they toughed up.

luxekitty

#11 Post by luxekitty »

I "experimented" with this only 3 days after getting my braces on, my gums were still hurting so that wasn't such a good idea. :P But overall it didn't really have any negative effects. As my "tester", haha, said "You don't kiss with your teeth!" :wink:
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby014

#12 Post by Shelby014 »

my girlfriend doesnt seem to mindwe've been together for 2 years so we're comfortable with each other, she actually likes the braces:twisted:

I too get sores from kissing for a long time, but i dont mind, i'm usually having too much fun to notice :wink:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Anticipator

#13 Post by Anticipator »

My girlfriend has had braces for a year now, I never had any problems kissing her, and she never had particular problem being kissed. I just got braces a week ago, and I have no problem kissing her, and no sticking together yet.

We will both have braces on together for an estimated 2 years. I'm not at all worried.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

altinure

#14 Post by altinure »

I never had problems kissing my ex. He was afraid he'd cut himself at first, but got over that after he realized they're not sharp at all.

Patty

#15 Post by Patty »

I'm glad to see your replies!Thank you!You know, none of my friends has brackets, so I don't have anyone to ask this kind of questions!