Staining silver ligs?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

Staining silver ligs?

#1 Post by nvcarissa »

I have noticed that my silver ligs, especially on the top, have taken on a more "golden" hue. Is this due to coffee? Or could it be the pumpkin spice lattes that I have recently developed a fetish for? I thought only the clear and lighter colored ligs would stain.

:roll:

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

TheUnk311

#2 Post by TheUnk311 »

Probably the coffee.. I started drinking it each morning the past couple weeks, silver ligs got that golden hue you speak of =p Never had it happen before when I only had a cup or two a week.

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

Looks like I will be going back to magenta then. So far that color has been the best to resist staining. That, and dark blue...but blue makes my teeth look yellow.

I am not about to give up my coffee. It is my one addiction and d*mn it, I am not giving it up.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

I have silver powerchain on the lowers and haven't got any staining and i'm a tea and coffee addict!
I'm not sure if there are different types of silver though as mine is real metallic looking rather than a dull grey kind of colour.

Dadio

#5 Post by Dadio »

I got silver ligs the last two check ups and they are doing fine for me. Don't notice much color change, but I don't drink coffee. I drink black tea, green tea, and chai tea. I may go back to the copper ligs I had the first month; I liked them and I didn't notice any staining at all. I think the metallic ligs hold up better. My kid has orange & lime and I'm not sure those would look good with an adult diet, know what I mean?

tinseltown

#6 Post by tinseltown »

I have eaten Curry before and all of my bands turnied neon yellow! :) That pumpkin spice may be the culprit.

nvcarissa

#7 Post by nvcarissa »

I am thinking it is the pumpkin spice too. Because my coffee drinking hasn't changed any, and the color of the latte has some bright orange aspects to it.

Guess I am going to have to start using a straw.

weird_wired

#8 Post by weird_wired »

I have fluorescent pink (I think its name is "Screaming Pink" or something scary!) on the bottom, and it doesn't show any stain at all. And the clear uppers, when they are removed, look really yellow.

Fluorescent pink is also quite a flattering colour against teeth, I think it de-yellows them if anything (perception-wise). And being pink, even luminous, it kind of goes more naturally in the mouth.

ShortyRocK

#9 Post by ShortyRocK »

alot of my friends have black im dont know if i want black or silver does black look bad?

Zephyrine

#10 Post by Zephyrine »

Yep, my silver ligs stained too. In the mirror they actually looked like of greenish, but in pictures they look like the "golden" hue you speak of. It didn't really bother me though, it was nothing compared to the clear ligs turning so yellow they were almost brown. *shudder*
Zephyrine, braced 9/14/05

Tin Man

#11 Post by Tin Man »

When I had powerchains on my top teeth I always went with black. It doesn't stain at all and it makes you teeth look super white.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!