How much will extractions cost?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

How much will extractions cost?

#1 Post by luxekitty »

I know it varies from person to person, insurance to insurance but how much were your extractions?

Eventually I will have a total of 4 extractions (2 upper, 2 lower). I had 3 wisdom teeth removed last year and it was only a $75 co-payment, however, the insurance tried to get out of the bill and ended up paying it 7-8 months later! (This put my treatment on hold for almost a year.)

So, I'm thinking about not using that insurance (Guardian) and using my other insurance (Safeguard) but Safeguard doesn't cover nearly has much as Guardian. The wisdom teeth bill would've been around $700 without insurance, and they weren't even impacted.

Soo, I'm just trying to get a rough estimate as to how much I'll (err, my parents) will have to pay. :shock:
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dena

#2 Post by dena »

I had four with local for pain...they were $90 per tooth. From what I hear, that's pretty reasonable because it can be much more.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Bluemoonjo

#3 Post by Bluemoonjo »

I need to have both my bottom taken out because they are impacted...one has broken through the gum a little but is sideways.

Anyways, the price they qouted me is $228.... or $114 per tooth.

Although I am a little afraid of doing it this way and not under IV sedation. But I'm on a budget LOL

To add .... That is without insurance.

I did get another qoute for IV sedation at a different place. It was about $800 for both ... $326 being for the IV meds.
Mama Jo

Will

#4 Post by Will »

My wisdom teeth were already visisble and to remove 4 with insurance, i think it cost either $200 or $400... it was a while ago so i cant remembe the extact price
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

SueFromNJ

$2000 for my extractions

#5 Post by SueFromNJ »

My extractions were exactly $2000, but I had 8 teeth removed at once with no IV sedation. I believe my wisdom teeth were $400 a tooth (2 completely impacted, 2 partially impacted), and the premolars were $100 a tooth. It would have been about $300 more if I had IV sedation, so I was awake with just novacane during the surgery. And I have no insurance, so all out of pocket. And of course the braces were $6000 on top of that ............!

I live in an expensive area where EVERYONE has to have straight teeth so dental professionals can charge huge prices and we all gladly pay. If you have crooked teeth around here, your future job prospects will probably involve the saying "you want fries with that?" :D
Debanded in May, 2006! Total sentence: Three years and two months. Now in hawleys which make me gag! Before braces, I had dracula fangs in their own rows, and everything else was crooked, crowded, with a cross-bite, too!

Nikkiekoala

#6 Post by Nikkiekoala »

My oral surgeon charges $230 for surgical extractions $130 for simple extractions. That doesn't include IV sedation. IV Sedation is expensive plus I can't have IV sedation because it requires you not to eat for at least 12 hour prior the appointment. I have to take a really high dose of antibiotics and hour before any dental work (I have a heart problem the antibiotics prevent any infection/bacteria from reaching the heart) if I did IV sedation and took the antibiotics I could wake up very sick to my stomach. Anyway, I did nitros and took some halcion which work famously! That added $100 to my bill. Insurance paid for most of it except the nitros.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Destor

#7 Post by Destor »

My four wisdom teeth being pulled was about $1400, but a good 5 or 600 of that was IV sedation.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

becky1

#8 Post by becky1 »

I just had mine done 2 weeks ago and mine were only $80 a tooth had 2 removed but my insurance covers 70% of the bill.

Jade

#9 Post by Jade »

Try a dental school, like a University, I went there to get my wisdom teeth out, and instead of costing me $1000 or more for all 4 teeth it was only $250 for everything!

I think I'm going to go there to get my teeth extracted, it takes a little longer, because they are learning, but it you don't have insurance like I don't it's light on the wallet!

Betty Bat

#10 Post by Betty Bat »

One tooth was $120, the other was $200, but the anesthetic was over $400. And, my insurance didn't cover the anesthetic part!

hanna

#11 Post by hanna »

I had mine done 2 weeks ago, 4 extractions. It was $95 per tooth, my insurance paid 70%. I ended up responsible for $114 of the bill.

montesser

#12 Post by montesser »

I'm having mine done on Thursday and my Oral Surgeon is charging $125.00 per tooth. I have Cigna and they cover 80% so I'm only coming up with $130 out of pocket (I have a $30 once a year deductible). I'm probably going to forgo IV sedation because my Cigna doesn't cover it if it's not for surgical removals. They charge $250 for the first 30 minutes and $75.00 for each additional 15 minutes needed with an estimated time of 1 hour. That would have been another $400.00.
MR 11-28-05
Next Cleaning 10-19-06
Extractions 1-12-06
Next Adjustment 8-19-06

montesser

#13 Post by montesser »

oops didn't meant to send this one twice.
MR 11-28-05
Next Cleaning 10-19-06
Extractions 1-12-06
Next Adjustment 8-19-06

latichas

#14 Post by latichas »

my oral surgeon charges 350 for IV sedation. 325 per wisdom tooth. 150 for non surgical extractions and 250 for surgical extractions.

ceramic upppers, metal lowers 1-23-06
next adjustment March 21,2006

OneTime

#15 Post by OneTime »

I asked for a quote and given 99 per tooth without insurance.
At first, extractions was needed then I ask for more opinions. Now it isn't nesessary. I'm happy without paying more.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08