ouch...the pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hanna

ouch...the pain

#1 Post by hanna »

I had extractions a couple weeks ago and I had my archwire put back on today...they put a thicker archwire on and used wire ties instead of those rubber band things. My teeth hurt so bad now...it's only been 7 hours. I have a really bad headache now and my son accidentally knocked his head into my mouth, it brought tears to my eyes. Will this pain ease up in the next couple days?

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

i really hope your pain gets less worse real soon!!! Are you taking anything to reduce the pain?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

hanna

#3 Post by hanna »

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I've taken some Ibuprofen...that's the strongest stuff I have and the pain is still there. It is horrible. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning it is not this bad.

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

hanna, I feel your pain. I went got my adjustment today and got a heftier upper arch wire, and one stubborn tooth wire-tied (again!). I've taken ibuprofen, but it isn't helping all that much. I know that in a couple of days it will go away, but right now...oy.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

CHOIRSPARKLE

#5 Post by CHOIRSPARKLE »

awe....i know what its like.......really sorry :(:(

becky1

#6 Post by becky1 »

I have wire ties on all my bottom teeth and I didn't really feel that much pain of course my ortho suggested Advil to help the pain so I have been taking 3 at a time and it seems to really work.