Braced Since Sep. 29, 05

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hannah23

Braced Since Sep. 29, 05

#1 Post by Hannah23 »

Hello everyone! I have been braced since September 29th 2005. I am young (14), but I had been reading the site and wanted to post my story. I have to have them for either 2 or 2 and a half years. I have metal braces. This may sound stupid, but is what I have right now what I'm going have on for the remainder of my treatment? Or will something else go on? My teeth are very stubborn and slow, so I don't have all my teeth. I am going to have to have oral surgery to uncover 4 teeth I think since they're right at the bone. I don't particularly like the way I look in them, but I would really rather have them now than have them when I'm an aduly. I'm just trying to think about how it is only about 2 years of my life and I'll hopefully never have to have them again and I know when I get them off, I'll be pleased witht the results. Several people in my class have braces, so I'm not the only one. I went for my second adjustment today. I got white bands probably because I was just in a boring mood today. Haha. I have had an RPE since June and my next adjustment I am finally gettting if off!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! They are also gonna re-bond the brackets. Is this very bad? However, my ortho told me that he was pleased with my brushing. :D

Hannah (3 Months Into Treatment)

Hannah23

#2 Post by Hannah23 »

Hi KK! Oh okay. I'll be sure to ask my ortho what he thinks. Yeah, I was very happy when he said that about my brushing!

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

hey hannah, you got braced the same day that i did, and i'm 14 too, this is too funny!!! I only have to have mine for 14 months, so your sentence is quite a bit longer then mine, what problems do you have? Here mine:

1.2 mm gap inbetween my two front teeth
2.3mm overjet
3 2 rotated lower canines
4. slight crossbite

Not that bad i know, and now all those problems are gone(almost) except for the crossbite, which has only gotten worse, and the canines, they have just a little bit left to turn, so i'm happy. My ortho said at this rate i wont even have to wear my braces a year, YAY!!! 2 years isnt all that bad, i mean wouldn't you rather have braces until you're sixteen, then to have to have them when you're 30? I say get it over with while everyone else is getting it over with. This sounds funny, but i have to say that i'm proud of all the adults that decided to go through with it, they still have many many years of great times with their new and improved smiles!!!

I am rambling now........ :roll:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]