They're coming off...early?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shoegal

They're coming off...early?

#1 Post by Shoegal »

Well, my braces are coming off...early!!! The original plan was to have them until June 2006. All along I planned on November 2006, because I didn't want June to come and have my doc tell me the braces need to stay on. So, you can imagine my shock when he came over and looked at my teeth and said, "Let's go ahead and schedule de-bonding." I was so surprised I asked him if he was kidding and he wasn't. I almost cried.

This has been such a great experience for me. I wanted braces all of my life because my teeth were so bad. I was so embarrassed by my little peg tooth and its missing mate. Kids were so awful about my teeth and I never felt pretty or like I could really smile because someone might point out to me all of the things I knew were there. The after I got married I decide it was time to get braces. I went for my first consultation and the doctor told me I was going to need SARPE to fix my palate and I was going to need extractions. I remember crying when I left that doctors office because I felt so vulnerable and he was doing what everyone else had always done, point and tell me what was wrong. I do realize this is his job and I was just emotional. I was surprised at how they just tell you everything that is wrong. I felt like nothing was right. I did end up getting the braces put on WITHOUT the surgery only to move 6 months later and have to start over completely. My new do wanted me to get the surgery and I agreed to do it. The metal braces came off and the ceramics went on and in went the expander. I was ready for surgery which to my great surprise was amazing. It was truly one of the best things I have ever done. It did not prove to be the big weight loss program I wanted it to be though. Fast forward 22 months and the braces are coming off!! I can't believe it. So, on March 7, 2006 one of my life-long dreams will be a reality! It has been a great 3 1/2 years!

Geri

#2 Post by Geri »

Wow- shoegal....I am really happy for you. Reading your story brought a lump to my throat - I am so happy that you are about to achieve one of your lifelong goals - and early too! What a gift. :D
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

OceanGirl

#3 Post by OceanGirl »

Congrats on getting debraced. I am waiting anxiously to hear those words too. I am using September as my very latest debraced date but I am hoping at the lastest it will be August or even earlier. My cousin is getting married in August and I would love to be able to go to the wedding without braces. At my last appointment he said 6-8 months depending on how fast they fix my open bite. I am hoping for 6 but keep saying 8 so I don't be dispointed if I go over 6.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

I'm really happy that your experience with braces is almost done. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

Congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Evelyn

#6 Post by Evelyn »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you

It'll all be so worth it on March 7th!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

mtbrncofn

#7 Post by mtbrncofn »

Woohoo for you! It'll be so worth it. :)
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

metalmouth moi

congrats

#8 Post by metalmouth moi »

Congrats Shoegal !! What an awesome road you have travelled :-)o :dance: :-88
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

Shoegal

#9 Post by Shoegal »

I am so excited! My whole experience was great. I never really had any pain and when I did I just told myself that it just meant everything was working! I have to say that my ortho was great and I'd highly recommend hime anyday! I am also glad I did all of this at 25 (I'll almost be 29 when they come off). I never would have taken care of my braces much less appreciated the struggle.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Shoegal

#10 Post by Shoegal »

I have already told my husband...that night we will be having ribs and corn on the cob!!!! I can't event remember what they taste like!!!!

nick_uk

#11 Post by nick_uk »

Hooray..Congrats!! Image Image Image Image Image
Click here to make an annoying clicky noise

Medical Student, Braced since December 2004