Cleaning

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

littleshaddies

Cleaning

#1 Post by littleshaddies »

Hello there
After some time in braces I started to feel like my mouth is not clean enough.
Started only with the toothpaste, then pearl drops add on it, then baking soda, then water pick. To be honest the first time I used the water pick I think I cleaned more of the bathroom tiles than my teeh trying to work out the on-off switch, but I got better at it. Only I steel lack the super clean.
So, last night I went for something a bit weird and it felt good so I thought I will share this. I put baking soda on my teeth and brackets, as much as it can stay there without falling off and put some lemon juice on my tooth brush. Wow, the bubbles while brushing felt so nice and I was happy with the way it felt after. Anyway it tastes not far of from lucozade....I think. Mind you, don't do it if you have sores in your mouth.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Shoegal

#2 Post by Shoegal »

Put some mouth wash in your water pik. Its the best!!

Shoegal

#3 Post by Shoegal »

Put some mouth wash in your water pik. Its the best!!

OceanGirl

#4 Post by OceanGirl »

Thats how I felt in the beginning, that my teeth and mouth weren't clean enough. I bought a oral-b electric toothbrush, it made a big difference. I bought Aquafresh extreme clean toothpaste and it really makes my mouth feel a lot cleaner. Then I bought a waterpik! WOW. That made a big difference as well. I usuallly use the waterpik, then brush and then use the waterpik again with some mouthwash mixed with the water. My mouth is very happy and it feels Clean!
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

Jodster

#5 Post by Jodster »

I would hold off on the combination of the baking soda/lemon juice. The citric acid in the lemon juice is known to cause enamel decay, and with braces, could cause the enamel to seperate from your teeth (and of course the bracket as well).

Sorry to ruin your bubbly fun, but thought you might like to know.
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!