What toothpaste are u using?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phantom

What toothpaste are u using?

#1 Post by Phantom »

I'm using Colgate Anti-Tartar Plus Whitening.

My friends tell me that Sensodyne toothpaste is good but i have yet to try.

leah

toothpaste

#2 Post by leah »

My Orhto told me to only use colgate total (no whitening). So thats what I use.

Best wishes,
Leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

LaDii_Kiki

#3 Post by LaDii_Kiki »

REMBRANDT Intense Stains ...
-> [CrossBite & Crowdinq ] <-
-> [ Estimated : 18 mOs ] <-
-> [ BraceD On : 12.5.05] <-

drazda

#4 Post by drazda »

Colgate Cavity Protection.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Phantom

#5 Post by Phantom »

LaDii_Kiki wrote:REMBRANDT Intense Stains ...
This is hell lot expensive..!!
I'd just gone shopping n i was quite shock to see it price...

Kittysopretty

#6 Post by Kittysopretty »

Colgate Whitening w/ Baking Soda and Peroxide with Oxygenating Bubbles is awesome!

I also love Colgate red gel (tastes great!), Ultrabrite. I love AIM but it's not minty enough.

I just bought Arm & Hammer Baking Soda & peroxide to try as well. I buy like 3 tubes at a time of different things but the first one I mentioned works great on clear ligs!

kirst1583

#7 Post by kirst1583 »

There seems to be a huge variety of toothpastes in the states.
We aren't that lucky here!
I've never heard of Colgate red gel or the oxygenating bubble one. Both sound interesting though.
I usually use colgate total, advance fresh or gel.
I always end up with ulcers (canker sores) if I use macleans so stick with the colgate just to be on the safe side.

kirst1583

#8 Post by kirst1583 »

KK wrote:Kristi the colgates with baking soda and peroxide is available in Oz ... I love it ... it's my favourite toothpaste. I always have a tube of it, but change the other two quite often!
Yeah I'm yet to try that one. Is it meant to be a whitening toothpaste?
I'm pretty sure my ortho told me not to use anything that is meant to whiten as it will make ur tooth colour uneven cos of where the brackets cover.
(I might be mistaken tho - i think i asked him about it a long time ago!)

kirst1583

#9 Post by kirst1583 »

Yeah that all makes perfect sense. I think i'll give it a go.. i'm yet to find a toothpaste I really like to be honest. Most of them burn my mouth real bad cos I like to brush in front of the tv (and end up dashing back to the sink in agony to rinse... lol)
Do you just buy yours from the supermarket? I find toothpaste gets real expensive, especially with the amt I go through with needing to brush so often. $4 or something per tube.. hmm

Flora2006

#10 Post by Flora2006 »

I use Crest's Whitening Expression...but I think I will have to change to something that fights better tartar/cavities...and that has more fluoride

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Gel

#11 Post by Gel »

I was using crest whitening expressions, but got worried about the whitening thing, then I saw KK's post about having to have it on for a certain amount of time, I never even thought about it.
Anyways now I am using Crest Anit-cavity gel. I really love it!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

Marzipan

#12 Post by Marzipan »

Go natural! Tom's of Maine. I have to plug my favorite. There is NO sweetener (no saccharine or anything) in it at all. The first time I used it, it seemed odd. Now, when I'm at a friend's house or a hotel and I use other toothpaste, the sweetness is bizarre.

http://www.tomsofmaine.com/

Shelby014

#13 Post by Shelby014 »

I use biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, and some Rx flouride toothpaste that my ortho perscribed for me. It costs 10 a tube :shock: !!! But it doesnt take very much and i only use it right before bed sometimes everyday, sometimes everyother day, but i use it sparingly cuz of the cost. But other then that its Biotene all the way!! My travel toothpaste is Colgate Cavity protection, i couldnt find biotene in a travel size.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Nikkiekoala

#14 Post by Nikkiekoala »

KK wrote:
And now ... I find myself following every instruction my ortho gives me to the best of my ability ... This is just so amazing :roll: ... as I'm still quite the rebel, although I have calmed down considerably ... but how many 48 year olds do you know who like to dress punk and have purple streaks in their hair that is spiked in directions that hair doesn't normal travel in :?: ... and yet I do what my ortho says ... I think he's the only person who I've never had a debate with (yet) or disagreed with (yet) ... maybe I'm finally mellowing ... or is this what they talk about when you go to those personality courses and they say after 40 you should work to develop the other sides of your personality! Ok ... way past time to stop ... I'm starting to scare myself! :evil:
It is amazing the rules you follow when you are spending big bucks! I am much the same way. Pretty much don't listen to too many peoples opinions or instructions but when it comes to my orthodontic treatment I dot all the 'i's' and cross all the 't's'. I am spending way too much money not to do as I am told!
As for toothpaste I too like the Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide. I used Colgate Total after I got my braces because of rumors of not using whitening toothpaste while in braces for fear of leaving bracket marks after treatment. But than I had a bad cleaning visit with my Dentist. I had tons of staining which I NEVER had before. The only difference was my toothpaste so I went back to the colgate with Baking Soda/peroxide. I have noticed that my teeth are not staining at all now. Plus my mouth and teeth feel TONS cleaner than they did with the Total.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

montesser

#15 Post by montesser »

I'm using Crest Tarter Control but I may think is switching to Colgate or something that has more Flouride. For those Colgate users out there, why do you prefer Colgate to Crest?
MR 11-28-05
Next Cleaning 10-19-06
Extractions 1-12-06
Next Adjustment 8-19-06