Random pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lesdents

Random pain?

#1 Post by lesdents »

Okay, so is this normal? I'm guessing yes...

I have random teeth hurt. When the teeth that are moving hurt it makes sense to me, but I've also had random molars hurt for no apparent reason. (3 different molars, 2 on top and 1 on bottom, have done it.) The pain is so bad that it hurts severely to brush it. The pain lasts 2-3 days and then disappears mysteriously. Even to touch it lightly with my tongue was excruciating. And they all happened at different times, not simultaneously.

As I've been very often at the dentist in recent months, I know it's not a cavity or anything like that.

Any ideas? Has that happened to you guys too?

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

I totally have incredible random pain! It hurts like crazy! I remember for a while there a month or so after bottom braces my bottom teeth hurt so bad I could hardly chew! :shock: And it was totally in between adjustments! :?

I also seem to have random molars hurting when there really isn't anything going on back there on the top! Its hecka weird! :(

What I seem to have a lot of is really bad random tooth pain a few days before an adjustment! Its kind of like my teeth are preparing me for the excruciating pain of my adjustments! :roll: Oh well... :wink:

Lucy:

That is hecka weird about the canine exposure and bottom teeth hurting. Can't exactly say I had that one happen. :roll:

Good luck! Hope your pain goes away Lesdents! :D

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was scheduled for 1/11/06 but had to be rescheduled for 1/21/06 :?

katy

#3 Post by katy »

Hannah164 wrote:
"What I seem to have a lot of is really bad random tooth pain a few days before an adjustment! Its kind of like my teeth are preparing me for the excruciating pain of my adjustments! Oh well... "

hannah164, that is so true for me... a couple of days before every adjustment, random teeth also start to ache for me. Maybe it's the universe's idea of a sick joke or perhaps some psychological thing where I'm causing pain in anticipation of my appointment?? Either way it sucks...

katy

#4 Post by katy »

Hannah164 wrote:
"What I seem to have a lot of is really bad random tooth pain a few days before an adjustment! Its kind of like my teeth are preparing me for the excruciating pain of my adjustments! Oh well... "

hannah164, that is so true for me... a couple of days before every adjustment, random teeth also start to ache for me. Maybe it's the universe's idea of a sick joke :twisted: or perhaps some psychological thing where I'm causing pain in anticipation of my appointment :crazy: ?? Either way it sucks...

nvcarissa

#5 Post by nvcarissa »

Hannah164 wrote:
Isn't this the truth!! It seems to happen every time!!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

johnnya

#6 Post by johnnya »

Tell me about it! I have the same experience.
I get random pain, hurts like hell when I'm brushing. Then it all goes away.

Lyn

#7 Post by Lyn »

YES!!! :!: I've got that random pain thing going on right now!

In fact today my whole lower jaw hurts. It just aches. I know it is because of nerves and tissue moving. But it is strange how one day it appears and "poof" it is gone the next! :D

Good Luck
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is random pain right before an adjustment! :wink: I really do think it is some physchological thing where we prepare ourselves for the pain of the adjustment! :x It really does stink though! :roll:

Just today I've been having some real serious tooth and jaw pain! :shock: It really hurts to bite down and a couple of bottom teeth really hurt! :? I guess it might be because I have an adjustment on Saturday! :roll:

I don't want to take an pain relievers for the pain because I feel like I live on pain killers because of my migraines! :cry: Oh well... I guess I'll suffer through it and hope it goes away soon! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

i haven't experienced any pain so far...i can feel pressure at times but never pain...it kind of makes me wonder if the wire is doing its job lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Chris

#10 Post by Chris »

Flora2006 wrote:i haven't experienced any pain so far...i can feel pressure at times but never pain...it kind of makes me wonder if the wire is doing its job lol
As I said before..."all in good time, my pretty, all in good time."

Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007