First adjustment Tuesday!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

First adjustment Tuesday!

#1 Post by Kittysopretty »

I have no clue what will be done but my impatience is setting in already. I want some REAL difference! My teeth are basically straight with minimal crowding (the 2 teeth on either side of my 2 front teeth are slighty back farther than they should be and they are behind the front teeth just a smidge on the sides. Ugh....hard to describe! Well, that is getting better already (a little anyway....when I say a little I wonder if I am simply imagining it better!) My main issue is that my arch is not a nice arch , it is more of a V than a C (because of these 2 front teeth being more dominant).

It looks funny when I bite because the bottom arch is fine. My teeth were purty but bad me never wore my retainer so here I am again.... :roll: The crowding made my C arch a V :oops:

EyeHartEwe

#2 Post by EyeHartEwe »

Congrats on your first adjustment! :) I hope things went smoothly for you and maybe you'll start really seeing some results after this appointment! :)

Kittysopretty

#3 Post by Kittysopretty »

Thanks everyone! I must laugh....but....am I the only one who gets literally EXCITED about ortho appts?? LOL!

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

No, you aren't alone. I thought I was strange because of that also.
I guess it's because we know each appointment means we are one step closer to getting them off.
Plus for me there's the fact that I live in hope i'll be getting something new!!!

Kittysopretty

#5 Post by Kittysopretty »

My worst fear is that I'll sit in the chair, he'll glance into my mouth and then whip the bib off exclaiming "See ya in another 5 weeks". I know that happens!! :cry:

Now my FANTASY is that I get a new industrial strength wire, some wire tires instead of ligs, elastics (which I know happens at the end of treatment but this *is* my fantasy) and my bottom braces!!! (yeah riiiiight!!!!)

Either way I want another one of those tree brushes! hmph! :evil:

kirst1583

#6 Post by kirst1583 »

Yeah, lucky for me I haven't had an adjustment where nothing at all has been done. The power chains have been changed every time at least.
Oh also - elastics are can be used at various times in your treatment depending on your particular needs. So there may be hopes for you soon!

hannah164

#7 Post by hannah164 »

I also get excited befoe ortho appts! I guess I'm not the only one! :roll:

I hoped in the beginning that I would finally get bottom braces all the time! But alas, it took me 19 months to get them! My slow ortho and my complicated case! :( Don't get discouraged most people don't have to wait that long, its just me! :roll:

I hope before every appt. that my ortho will decide I need a new wire or elastics finally! I really hope that happens this Saturday! My bite is really wacky! :shock:

Good luck! :thumbsup: Keep us posted!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

Flora2006

#8 Post by Flora2006 »

i never thought i would say it but i am excited about getting my first adjustment in 3 weeks but ONLY because that means that i am a month closer to getting these things off

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006