What can be done with a gap?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nick_uk

What can be done with a gap?

#1 Post by nick_uk »

When deciding upon my treatment, I could have gone in 2 ways... either getting headgear and having about a 3year treatment, or a 2yr treatment, no headgear, but being left with a smallish gap on one side.

I opted for the latter.

Is there any way this gap can be "filled in"? It will be about half a tooth's width across.

Thanks.
Click here to make an annoying clicky noise

Medical Student, Braced since December 2004

Charles08b

#2 Post by Charles08b »

Hi! You could ask your ortho or your regular dentist about "bonding". I believe it's a material that bonds directly onto the teeth on either side. Sometimes this isn't feasible though because it will make your teeth look too large. I guess it depends on where the gap is?
Char