how many packets of elastics do you get at your adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aznfayeth

how many packets of elastics do you get at your adjustments?

#1 Post by aznfayeth »

I got elastics 2 weeks ago and they gave me 2 baggies of B medium 1/4" elastics. I'm almost done with one bag and it has only been 2 weeks! My next adjustment is in 8 more weeks. Am I going through elastics too fast? I probably switch 5 times a day. Should I try to move my appointment up or just go to the ortho office to get more? thanks
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

Keith

#2 Post by Keith »

I got 4 bags. I also went through them and they told me many times to just come back for more. Just call and tell them you want like 4 more bags. They should be fine with that.

adollface

#3 Post by adollface »

I was given 3 bags and told to change them 3 times a day, like at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't see why you couldn't just pop in and pick up more. They should be fine with that. I think when I take my daughter in this week for her consult. I'm going to grab a bag of the colored ones, just to change things up a little.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

I get two bags....though by the end of the month, I'm running pretty thin....
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

I get two bags also...I ran out the first month but then I just went in and they gave me extras. I've been in so many extra times for random things like that and wires poking me etc. That I have about 10 packs of elastics lying around the house...

Don't worry about saving them, if you run out just go to your ortho they'll be glad to give you some
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Kittysopretty

#6 Post by Kittysopretty »

I would imagine TONS because when my step-son is here I am swiffering up rubber bands like mad. When he leaves (he comes for the summer, and spring break, he lives FAR away) I find them here and there for MONTHS!!! LOL!

Dreamer

#7 Post by Dreamer »

The first time they only gave me 2 bags for 7 weeks! This time they handed me two bags and I asked if I could have more and they gave me two more and said that is what they like to hear! Apparently they want us to change them out more, but most people don't I guess.
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

NotBob1

#8 Post by NotBob1 »

I would more than imagine that they will give you all you want (within reason) They are likely cheap and the more you have around (desk, cars, kitchen, work, etc.) the more likely you are to change them. The more you change them, the more continuous force. I think they will even mail them to you if you need them....
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

LexiBaby

Elastics

#9 Post by LexiBaby »

My ortho usually gives me two packets. If I see I'm running low, I call the office and they throw a few packs in the mail!!!
31 yr old married female
Metal top and bottom 4/6/2005
Bluegrass Appliance & Power Chain