Sinus Problems and Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ErinABerens

Sinus Problems and Braces?

#1 Post by ErinABerens »

Hi all! I got my braces on Friday and since Friday night my eyes have been bothering me like I am having allergy/sinus issues! Also, my cheek bones, ears, all that good allergy stuff is making me feel SO terrible!!!
Has anyone experienced anything similiar or is just a coincidence and maybe I have a little cold or something. Any advice would be SOOO appreciated right now!
Erin

Lyn

#2 Post by Lyn »

Erin :D
I have had a sinus headache for a week now.......also in my check/face. I usually have problems with my sinuses this time of year, but I don't know if it is coincidental or not. I'm wondering if there is a connection with the braces. I plan to ask my ortho next time I go in, but that isn't until Feb. 6.... :?:

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

ErinABerens

#3 Post by ErinABerens »

Thanks! It is hard to tell if it's the braces or allergies. I also suffer with bad allergies so I am wondering what the cause is. However, I work with 3 people who have worn braces as adults and they have all said that they had sinus issues from their teeth moving. Go figure! :?

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Yikes, I hope it's not the braces and just a cold that will go away. My toddler has a cold right now and I am hoping he doesn't give it to me since my braces go on Thursday. I have lots of issues with my sinuses. I really hope the braces don't make things worse.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

ErinABerens

#5 Post by ErinABerens »

Good luck! Let me know how you're feeling after a few days. If your sinuses do act up, I have been using warm compresses and Bayer (the wonder drug!!!). Have a great day! :D
Erin

gypsydoodlebug

#6 Post by gypsydoodlebug »

I had a sinus infection when I had my braces put on. Not fun. Luckily, I'd been to the immediate care center the weekend before and the doctor gave me an antibiotic. It helped my sinuses clear a little so I could have nitrous while they put the braces on.

If it keeps acting up, I'd call your doctor -- you don't want the infection being blown into your ears. :cry:
Braced January 12, 2006:
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers
24-30 mos.

ErinABerens

#7 Post by ErinABerens »

Oh God! Could you imagine?!?!?! An ear infection AND new braces??? The horror! :shock: I see my doctor for a checkup on Thursday so I'll ask then. I don't have a fever so I think I am infection free, just irritated but I'll nip it in the bud before it gets ugly.
Erin

susieq182

#8 Post by susieq182 »

hey yall I dont have allergies at all and never had but I notice that there is a pressure in my temples and cheaks since getting braced a few months ago. My ortho said it is from my upper arch moving to its correct possition. At first I thought it was eye strain, but no such luck looks like until the upper arch does its thing its a part o life
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Shawnie

#9 Post by Shawnie »

I just called the Ortho last week because I was having shooting pain on some teeth on my upper right side when I drank cold liquids. Been braced for almost four months and this had never happened before. Right away they said "are you having any sinus problems right now" I said yah, I have a sinus infection and I'm being treated with antibiotics. They told me to use the rx flouride toothpaste that it should help. Also they said that type of pain can just come periodicly with having braces. After about four days the pain went away. Oh, if this happens to you, try drinking through a straw that way the liquid doesn't touch the teeth as much, and drinking this way I couldn't feel any pain.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06