March 1st: false alarm. Still four months left...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

March 1st: false alarm. Still four months left...

#1 Post by Evelyn »

I went to the orthodontist for an emergency appointment today to ask if there's any way to level out my four front teeth since they aren't quite perfect yet.

The news is both good and bad, but I'm really happy. I can't write much, I've gotta go finish my calc hw (which I really don't get anyways...) but long story short, my past debanding date of March 1st has been cancelled. But it's not all bad...I still could get debanded on March 1st if I wanted to but I'm going for perfection. I talked to him about the heights of my front four teeth and he understood what I was talking about when I said I'd like to even them out a bit. So....next appt. (Feb. 8th) which was supposed to be my impressions appt, well, no more impressions instead they are taking off the front brackets and replacing them so that my front four teeth even out. He said after that my treatment could take up to four more months, but in his words, 'it's the right way to go'.

Yes, I'm a tad bit upset that my past debanding date is now history, but mostly I'm really happy because I know that four more months in braces will be worth it if when I get them off I can truly be happy. I told him that I'm considering being a dentist so that's why I'm nit-picky on things like that and he told me I could work at his office! Hehehe that would be so cool for a summer job...I would love that.

Anyways, to sum up how I'm feeling-surprisingly really good. I've had these for 40 months now, what's four more? Besides, I'm so interested in teeth and I've put so much into my treatment that when asked if I wanted them off March 1st with a pretty good result or a couple months later and a result that I'm ecstatic with, there's really no competition.

As he said, it's the right thing to do.

I guess I have to go reset my ticker now...and my signature too...although to what I'm not quite sure. This is what....the 32nd time lol?

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

You have a great attitude about everything. It sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and looking at the big picture.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.