Poll: What has been your favorite lig design?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

IndyBraceFace

Poll: What has been your favorite lig design?

#1 Post by IndyBraceFace »

So far, I've been sticking with plain wire ties on my top ceramics and silver on my bottom metal, but I'm thinking of changing it up a bit. What has been your favorite color scheme so far? Post a pic if you have one as well!

stargirl

#2 Post by stargirl »

I would have to say I liked silver the best. Even if it is boring.

I also liked my purple top arch and teal lower arch combo. :)

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

I liked my alternating blue and pink ligs. :D Those were probably my favorite! I'm thinking about getting silver ligs for when I'm performing in our play! But I'm not sure yet, its seems kind of boring. I also really like having black! They kind of make the braces look nicer or my teeth look better, or something like that! :roll:

Sorry I don't have any pics! :?

Good luck and let us know what you choose!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment is 2/1/06 where they will bond a bracket to my cuspid which was impacted!!!!

S_Ranger

#4 Post by S_Ranger »

Sky blue ligs go with my complexion. Getting adjusted tommorow so we'll see what else looks good.

OneTime

#5 Post by OneTime »

Silver for now.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

butterfly

#6 Post by butterfly »

I found this piece of art one on the web:

(No it's NOT ME. I wish I had teeth like this.)
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

jay

#7 Post by jay »

Having self ligateing brackets i feel left out of all this fun with colours :cry:

Leslie022

#8 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm with Jay...I don't get to have fun with my Damon 3's!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Echo

#9 Post by Echo »

After having 3 different colors (purple, light pink, light blue), I decided on silver for my last adjustment. I find it quite boring, and will get color at my adjustment on Thursday. Just can't decide which color!
[/url]

SkyWolf

#10 Post by SkyWolf »

I think out of all of the different colors I have tried I have had 4 I really liked: teal and hot pink, hot pink and bright blue, hot pink and bright purple, and black.

SDFD TSchott

#11 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Currently have all red to go with my looks for halloween:

Anyways does anyone have any ideas what I should go for Christmas/New Years colors?

SDFD TSchott
CODE 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

Jeez, mate, I think you have a winning formula there!!

Dramagyrl

#13 Post by Dramagyrl »

I'm heading into my fourth adjustment, so I haven't done a lot really.
I haven't had anything I didn't like, other than clear ligs on the clear brackets because they stained so fast lol.

Hot pink was fun, lavender was subtle and nice - I was able to put dark purple on the bottom for a bit of fun, and currently I have silver on the top with a variety on the bottom. The variety is a one-time thing the assistant let me do, blue, green, yellow, orange and pink run across, it's fun too. As for the silver, I finf they are using their vibrance and brightness that make my teeth look good.

I've got one coming up soon, I have to decide on a combo this time....

cleozar2007

#14 Post by cleozar2007 »

I, like Jay and Leslie022, have self-ligating brackets. My ortho's office still puts ligs on though. They say its for comfort, and you don't have to have them if you don't want them.
I get them cuz I like picking different colors. My fav combo so far is hot pink and black alternating. 8)
It's really cool how they put them on too. They put them on diagonally.
Sorry I don't have any pics. I'm at school and left my digital camera at home :x

onny

#15 Post by onny »

Good that i denied self ligaturing brackets, didn't want to miss color styling :)

I most favor strong shiny and glowing colors, like the royal blue i currently wear. I will continue with red, black, pink, blue and mixtures of it.

Very cool colorful pic @ butterfly, even 2 different colors on a single bracket. But already a bit to exaggerated. (I wouldnt deny it though if offered :P ) Ill asking for rainbow colors on one future adjustment, new color each bracket :)
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.