TPA & Tongue Indent

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sedona

TPA & Tongue Indent

#1 Post by sedona »

Hey I have endured this *&#*$N TPA for 4 months now.
The indent in my tongue is starting to worry me.
I definitely taste food differently now.
There is a "blind spot" where the indent occurs.
And so, now my worry is --
after the horribly despised devise is removed, will the indent disappear and all is back to normal????
Or will there be a permanent remnant of this tortuous device?
TIA!

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Hi,

I had a TPA for about 6 months. After it was taken out, the indent in my
tongue dissappeared very quickly. Don't really know anymore, I guess
it only took some days or some weeks. Anyway, it is gone now, totally.
So, don't worry ...

luxekitty

#3 Post by luxekitty »

What exactly does a TPA do? I'm not looking forward to this. :( Does anyone have any pics of thier TPA? I'm not sure how exactly it sits in ones mouth.
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bajanrose

#4 Post by bajanrose »

Here's a pic of mine, been in there since July 27th 2005! It's there to move a pre molar back in line with the others on the left side and my molars have been banded, and sectionals added to move them back to make some room. I dunno if they call them sectionals elsewhere but that's what the assistant calls them.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!