Tighter in the Morning?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

Tighter in the Morning?

#1 Post by Leslie022 »

When I wake up in the morning, my teeth feel tighter than when I went to bed. As the day goes on, however, my teeth seem to "loosen" up a bit. Does anyone else experience this?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Chr1ssy711

#2 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

Yes i also experience this soon after any adjustments. I think its because i clench my jaw very tightly during my sleep so it pushes the teeth. but i dont know.

I dont think its anything to really worry about, but i have noticed that if i take 1 tylenol pm before i go to bed for the first 2 days or so of an adjustment and it helps keep my jaw loose and i sleep really well
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

loose teeth are normal, that's how they move

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

I would think the teeth would loosen up after you're awake because you're moving your mouth more. Chewing especially would loosen them.

fins

#5 Post by fins »

I just noticed this happening to my lower arch only. I think it has something to do with the type of archwire. My teeth have tremendous tension on them.