I had the dream!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strugglebuggy

I had the dream!

#1 Post by strugglebuggy »

Last night I dreamt that we were at a party and my power chains fell off. They were just hanging in my mouth and I was desperately looking through a phone book trying to find the number of my ortho...lol- i remember getting mad because the phone book didn't cover the area code that I live in. I woke up feeling like I had seen a ghost. :shock:

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

What is "the dream?" Nightmares about your braces?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

THE DREAM is some sort of anxiety dream about your teeth and braces. For example, I remember having a dream that my braces came off when I was driving in my car -- and my teeth came out with them! I stopped at a light and they fell underneath the seat. I was frantically feeling underneath the seat for them and simultaneously trying to call my ortho on the cell phone. I think it was too much anxiety for me, because I got so agitated I woke myself up! :lol:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

luxekitty

#4 Post by luxekitty »

LoL, just the other day I had my "dream". I dream't that my left lower tooth with the molar band and the one next to it just FELL out. In the dream I was terrified to call the Ortho and tell him...lol :lol:
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noppi

Wire

#5 Post by noppi »

A night or two ago, I drempt that my wire broke and then just slipped off easily. Probably wouldn't happen though since the ligs keep them in place. But the next day I woke up and checked with my tongue whether or not the wire's still entact!
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

ingyandbert

#6 Post by ingyandbert »

I had mine early this morning (Day 4). I dreamed I was brushing my teeth and the wire pulled loose from the brackets and hung down. My husband took a look at it but said we couldn't fix it ourselves, so off we went to the ortho.

Aurelia

#7 Post by Aurelia »

Scary stuff dreams!! My dreams were before I had braces, in the week leading up to my appointment I kept dreaming my teeth were getting loose and then falling out, urgh it was horrible. :?
All good things come to those that wait

weird_wired

#8 Post by weird_wired »

I dreamt brackets fell off!

And I blame this place, because before coming here I never even dreamed they could come off ;)

(Though actually it's useful to know these things, so you don't freak out if they do happen to you).

Nikkiekoala

#9 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Oh ya I've had the dream! I have had the same dream several times. I have dreamt that all my teeth fell out. I would feel something in my mouth, I go to spit it out and it is a tooth. All thru' the dream I spit out teeth until they are all gone. Then I am upset because of all the money I had spent and now had nothing to show for it. When I wake up I feel depressed until I wake up enough to realize it is a dream.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

ingyandbert

#10 Post by ingyandbert »

I've had the teeth falling out dream on and off all my life. It's one of the most common dreams there is, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it if you're just having it now because of braces. You might have had it even without braces sooner or later.

OceanGirl

#11 Post by OceanGirl »

I've had the teeth falling out dreams many times over the years. Shortly after I got braced I had the teeth falling out dream but this time the teeth just kind of hung there because of the braces. Another dream was about my ortho. Something had broken and I called the office to get an appointment and hardly anyone spoke english. I had to drive for hours to see the dentist (I normally have a 2 min walk across the street) and when I got there it wasn't my normal orther but another guy who didn't speak english and I was getting so frustrated because I couldn't get him to understand what I wanted. I've had several other braces/other dreams over the last year as well but I don't remember those as well.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

Simba

I had the dream

#12 Post by Simba »

This was maybe a month ago i had this dream, i didnt realise that lots of people with braces where having this dreams however.

(i had lots of weird dreams so i just accepted it to be my crazy mind!)

Well my dream was i woke up(in the dream) and my top wire fell off and my two front incisors fell out, and i ran to my dad, crying , saying shove my teeth back in!

The weird thing was when i actually really woke up one of my back brackets had came unstuck for my tooth. At the time i thought it was my subconscious.

Maybe it was the dream too!
Braces on September 20th 05.

belmikry

#13 Post by belmikry »

lol this is great, I had the "dream" as well- this time, I woke up and noticed my front teeth moved perfectly straight over night [i wish!] and i was excited, until I took my little mirror to examine: I had huge black cavey gaps in between my teeth and gums where my teeth had moved from, and I started freaking out- wondering how safe that is to eat and whatnot- never the less I ended up waking up, and relieved my teeth didn't move that fast- lol- first time anyone's said that huh? :lol:
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom