What all are elastics for?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tara971

What all are elastics for?

#1 Post by Tara971 »

Sorry, my question may be dumb. I know they correct your bite, etc. but what specifically can they do? Overbite? Cross bite? Correct midline? Close gaps? I'm just curious :o)

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

Elastics do all of the above...at least they did for me. Just in general tightening things and finishing it all up-they're good stuff
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!