Lower front tooth was pulled! Now the gap is almost closed..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rangerchic

Lower front tooth was pulled! Now the gap is almost closed..

#1 Post by rangerchic »

But I have extra gum tissue! How will they get rid of it??

RC

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

They might refer you to a periodontal surgeon. I have a gap in between my front upper teeth. My ortho said I would need to have the extra tissue removed to keep my teeth from separating again.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

altinure

#3 Post by altinure »

You shouldn't need to. What you just need to do is apply pressure to it and brush it a lot. It will reduce a lot. Don't worry about it bleeding. It worked for me.

Natasha_26

#4 Post by Natasha_26 »

Rangerchic,

How long did it take for the gap in your bottom teeth to close? I am curious coz my ortho also removed my lower incisor becoz of overcrowding and when I talk the gap show which bothers me a lot.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

rangerchic

Gap

#5 Post by rangerchic »

It took about 4 months to close!

RC