January 31st is my braces day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

January 31st is my braces day!

#1 Post by genxsis »

I'll let you know the next day how it all goes. That's assuming I'm not too self-consious about going out in public. I use a public internet computer at the public library. I just may not want to show my face around here for awhile! :oops:

missing_tooth

#2 Post by missing_tooth »

Welcome to club January. Barely made it did we. In any event, Congradulations! Don't be nervous about getting braced, it's really nothing to sweat over. Don't be shy either, be braces proud.

- Missing Tooth -

ssfw

#3 Post by ssfw »

Hi genxsis,

Good luck with getting your braces tomorrow. I think people get more nervous waiting for the day/time to come for getting the braces placed, once they are on, I think it's a relief for the patient. I hope you are adjusting to having your expander.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Good luck tomorrow genxsis! :jump:
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Orth-ohno!

Don't stress

#5 Post by Orth-ohno! »

I just had mine put on last Friday (uppers only- for now). :shock: The first couple of days were a bit strange, but I'm already starting to get used to it. The spacers went in at the same time and they are far worse than the braces. You'll be fine!

sydsmom

#6 Post by sydsmom »

Good luck on getting your braces on, genxsis!!!

I'm sure you'll find that the first day is really no big deal. The strangest part is when they take out the lip retractor thing and you feel the metal inside your lips. Don't be afraid to take some painkillers if you need to, or use some wax -- and glance at yourself in the mirror often, it will help you get used to your new look faster :-)
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

Lin

#7 Post by Lin »

Good luck!!! I am getting my braces on tomorrow (Jan 31) too... I hope all goes well with yours :)
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

lainey

#8 Post by lainey »

I'm getting mine today(31st) too - it's so nice to think of other people going through the same thing. I know it's all going to be fine but I have felt a bit nervous today. It'll be good to get it all over and done with. Good luck to everyone getting them today.
Lets post tomorrow and compare experiences.

CelestialVoices

#9 Post by CelestialVoices »

I just had mine put on this past Wednesday (lowers only for now) and it really was no big deal, good luck today! :)

Lin

#10 Post by Lin »

Mine are on and it all went well! How did it go for you, genxsis (and lainey)?

:tingrin:
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

genxsis

#11 Post by genxsis »

I'll let you know if a seperate thread. I have alot of items to bring up there.

fatboy

#12 Post by fatboy »

I got mine on today too! Is this national get braces day or something? Weird :D . My braces were put on at 8:30 this morning, everything went ok except for the molar bands which were painful to put in! How did your appointments go?