Damage to teeth from a bad bite

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

objectinspace

Damage to teeth from a bad bite

#1 Post by objectinspace »

Has anyone had their teeth ruined from having a bad bite? My lowers are so over-erupted in the front that when I bite the dig up right behind my uppers. I looked in the mirror the other day and I can see little "ledges" that have been cut out because of this behind each canine. It's a little discouraging to think that my top teeth that I am straightening and finally getting to look nice might be ruined and rot away one day. I feel like my teeth are a losing battle and I should just give up and get dentures. :?

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

Yes, my poor bite has allowed over eruption of my lowers and also some wearing of teeth surfaces. My dentist is thrilled that I'm doing ortho treatment and says it will really help me keep my natural teeth. He doesn't seem to dwell on the damage that's already been done; he's just happy that further damage is being avoided.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Metal Mouth Guy

#3 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Yeah, my open/cross bite meant I was destroying molars working from the back to the front. And it was getting progressively worse. I could have cared less what my teeth looked like, but I'm kind of attached to them and would like to keep them as long as possible.

MMG

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi There,

Yes, I have damage. Luckily it is not horrible yet. And there is damage from grinding.