Can't stop drooling what do I do !!!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pinkdiamond

Can't stop drooling what do I do !!!!!!!!

#1 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi Everyone,
I got bottom braces and an expander yesterday and I can't stop drooling. As we speak I have a cloth in my mouth so I will not drool on my computer. Has this happened to any one else if so what did you do?
Pinkdiamond

Metal Mouth Guy

#2 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

You're salivating, not drooling... Your mouth hasn't figured out that the expander isn't food. Give it a couple of days.

MMG

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

I've been drooling at night because with my new braces, it's hard to close my mouth to keep it in, and if I put my teeth together, a tooth on top hits and hurts a tooth bracket below. It's hard to compromise!

HeadgearJoe

Re: Can't stop drooling what do I do !!!!!!!!

#4 Post by HeadgearJoe »

pinkdiamond wrote:Hi Everyone,
I got bottom braces and an expander yesterday and I can't stop drooling. As we speak I have a cloth in my mouth so I will not drool on my computer. Has this happened to any one else if so what did you do?
Pinkdiamond
hi , welcome to braceland, yep your gona drool your gona have sore teeth from time to time, this is all well , i still drool with my headgear on an since this darn upper expander was installed i'm drooling even more , WELCOME , HGJOE
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

pinkdiamond

#5 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your reply .
This drooling stuff really sucks !!!!!! I am drooling all day and some at night . When will it stop its driving me nuts .. I just walk around will a rag in my mouth or drive with a paper towl in . People driving next to me must think I'm crazy.
Hope it will end soon
Pinkdiamond